New base 13" MBP for home video editing?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RedRaven571, Apr 24, 2010.

1. RedRaven571 macrumors 65816

RedRaven571

I want to get a new MBP but my budget puts me at the base 13" (2.4gHz C2D and nVidia 320M); my question is if it will be sufficient to do home video editing (iMovie 09 and FCE4).

Many of the clips I will be editing are 2 hr VHS tapes converted to video and the output will, be for 1hr DVDs; I just don't want the system to get bogged down by multiple clips, etc.

I did a search and didn't see this question, if here is a link to another thread that I missed, I apologize.

Thanks!

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

MRoogle (my signature) will help you searching these forums.

Also the MBP and even the MB is more than sufficient to edit what you want to edit.

3. RedRaven571 thread starter macrumors 65816

RedRaven571

Hey thanks! I checked a couple threads, looking for the MRoogle link, but didn't find it (I think I just am not thinking clearly this morning).

4. style macrumors member

style

The newest machines from Apple are always good enough to do video editing, even the white MacBook is not slow to a point that makes video editing too slow to use. But the question is, can you stand waiting longer to get the job done? ;)

5. RedRaven571 thread starter macrumors 65816

RedRaven571

If it's just a question of waiting for a file to render, yes; I just don't want any stuttering in the final product.

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

7. style macrumors member

style

There shouldn't be any stuttering, in the end its a digital process. A faster computer can process it faster, but the quality should be the same. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you do video editing for a living :D

8. RedRaven571 thread starter macrumors 65816

RedRaven571

Thanks for your responses; set my mind at ease......