Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fewchie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2018
Does anyone know whether there's a chance of an updated base model iPad this September or a drop in price of the current 2018 iPad when the new Pros drop?

One retailer in my city is having a sale so I'm really tempted to buy an iPad 2018 and an Apple Pencil right now. Should I wait and see?

Cheers

Reactions: eVolcre

eVolcre

macrumors 68000
Jan 7, 2003
Does anyone know whether there's a chance of an updated base model iPad this September or a drop in price of the current 2018 iPad when the new Pros drop?

One retailer in my city is having a sale so I'm really tempted to buy an iPad 2018 and an Apple Pencil right now. Should I wait and see?

Cheers

New model and price drop are unlikely. I’d grab it if the deal is good. Rumors are there about an Apple Pencil 2. First version may drop. How about used? The market will soon be flooded with 10.5s and pencils. Pick one up with Applecare and you won’t be spending much more than the base iPad after taxes.
[doublepost=1535024417][/doublepost]I just checked the marketplace here. For example there’s a mint condition 10.5 Pro with screen protector and Extra cables for 400 bucks. Way better deal than the basic iPad for 350 after taxes.

Reactions: fewchie

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
I don’t think we will see a new entry level iPad this year and the official price usually doesn’t change, except for special sales done by retailers.

Reactions: fewchie

Jarrodbcall

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2013
New model and price drop are unlikely. I’d grab it if the deal is good. Rumors are there about an Apple Pencil 2. First version may drop. How about used? The market will soon be flooded with 10.5s and pencils. Pick one up with Applecare and you won’t be spending much more than the base iPad after taxes.
[doublepost=1535024417][/doublepost]I just checked the marketplace here. For example there’s a mint condition 10.5 Pro with screen protector and Extra cables for 400 bucks. Way better deal than the basic iPad for 350 after taxes.

That’s a good idea. I need to keep posting so I can have access to the marketplace!

eVolcre

macrumors 68000
Jan 7, 2003
That’s a good idea. I need to keep posting so I can have access to the marketplace!
Prices here are sometimes higher but it’s a community of techies. You’ll find well cared for pieces. Then there’s swappa etc. if you can wait a bit longer when the news ones are released the market will be FLOODED with used 10.5s and maybe even the refurbished store. Use the time to save up a bit. Get a used 10.5 Pro.

Reactions: Jarrodbcall
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.