new batches of 4S yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ihonda, Oct 22, 2011.

1. ihonda macrumors 68000

has anyone received a new 4S without the yellowing? apple will switch my phone out for a "serviced" phone.. id rather not switch to that bc i dont want to chance it being a refurb.

2. phillytim macrumors 6502a

phillytim

This issue is WAY overblown. I received my pre-ordered 4S launch-day, and it has been perfectly fine.

3. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

It's a little early for them to be giving out refurbs...I had my launch day 4S replaced with a brand new phone that they have specifically for replacing defective/broken phones the first few weeks...The genius assured me the replacement was brand new and it certainly looked it out of the box.

4. cababah macrumors 68000

+1

they have several phones set aside at each store specifically for replacement units. when they tell the general public they are "sold out" that is for the white box ones that have all the accessories and stuff but if you already have one and just want your unit swapped for another brand new one, they are just the phones themselves in a black box and yes, they are too new to have any refurbished units. they are still brand new.

5. stevemiller macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Yeah the temp of the screen is never going to satisfy everyone as we all have unique tastes. For better or worse people are widest to adapt. Even if apple changed screens (which they won't) there'd be a similar sting of complaints that everything was cold and purplish. It's all in what people are used to. For me the only down side is the warmer screen makes the green SMS bubbles kinda pukey looking. I'd just as rather they compensate in software though, since the home screen icon for SMS/iMessage is a perfectly nice shade.

Remember, colour is interpreted by the brain largely by context.

6. cababah macrumors 68000

or find a "cool" genius at an apple store. the first apple store i went to SUCKED and pretty much blew me off about my concerns so i went to another down the street and this guy was awesome. he took 2 new ones out of the box to let me compare so i could pick the one that i thought had the best screen and i did.

i don't think he was "supposed" to do that but i tell you that i left a happy customer and will go back there again for anything and recommend it to people.

your mileage will vary but remember not all employees are created equal. this guy was awesome!

7. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

Mine is a 'first batch' 4S and its display is actually 'cooler' than my old 4's. It's now pretty much the colour temperature of my MacBook Pro's LCD, which is awesome. It looks very clear and clean.

8. cababah macrumors 68000

how do you know it is first batch?

9. ihonda thread starter macrumors 68000

mine is too yellow for my taste. its way differnet from my 4 or my iPad 2. im not complaining at the screen, it just bothers my eyes, some people prefer the yellowish hue. i do not.