New battery, charging indicator light blinks...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by motogirldown, Jan 3, 2009.

1. motogirldown macrumors newbie

The battery for my macbook pro died (would work for about 10 minutes then computer would abruptly shut down). I got a new one for x-mas, a third party super capacity lithium ion battery, and it was charged when I got it. The battery info says it is fully charged, 3rd cycle, and the condition is "good". It seems to work fine except the charging indicator light blinks from amber to green every couple of seconds. I put the old battery back in and it doesn't do it. If the battery is working ok, why does it do this? Can I ignore it... Actually I can't ignore it, it bugs me, but if I can get used to it will it hurt my laptop?

2. Hot Snowboarder macrumors 6502

Ask someone from Apple for peace of mind. I'd guess it might have something to do with the charger from apple having a lower wattage than your new battery is capable of charging from.

But I'm really really not an expert. :eek:

3. motogirldown thread starter macrumors newbie

battery issue...

I don't know much about electricity so I suppose it would be better to ask someone who knows these things. I assumed that if I asked apple about a third party component for a mac they may just say that "they advise you to use only genuine mac products" or some such thing. Thanks for your reply.