New Battery Draining Fast

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by OneOmega, Nov 20, 2015.

1. OneOmega macrumors newbie

So I have a Early 2011 Macbook Pro, and about a month ago the battery condition turned to "replace now", and the trackpad became difficult to use (which was the battery puffing up). I decided to go down the third party battery route and replaced it myself. It was going well. I could watch 2 40 minute shows in a single charge and everything was great. But then a week later, it just couldn't hold it's charge. It is now losing 1% every minute. Coconut battery says it is in perfect condition, 100% design capacity. The actual mac is saying there is 5 and a half hours left on here at 87%, but it has dropped since typing this. The weirdest thing is that once it gets to 7%, it stays there for a long while. I drained it last night and it stayed on 7% for at least an hour, and then stayed at 5% for at least that long too. I did do a SMC reset and a PRAM reset and nothing changed. Short of buying another battery, I don't know what to do...

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

Third party batteries are both crappy and a fire hazard.

You paid for a premium laptop, have Apple replace your battery with an OEM one.

3. OneOmega thread starter macrumors newbie

I have seen a multitude of people do it without any sort of issue, and the only Apple store near me never has any reservations. I have tried every day since October.

4. defsil macrumors newbie

defsil

I have exactly the same problem! Did you replace it with a new one? Is your problem solved? I hope it dit!