New Battery For MBP

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by peejer, Feb 4, 2008.

1. peejer macrumors member

I have a 15" MBP 2.14GHz, running OS X.14.

My battery has a health of 78% and has 310 cycles. Soon I will need a new battery and was wondering if anyone had any experience with Non-Apple batteries. I did a google search and saw a company called Fast Tech. They claim their batteries are significantly better than Apples.

Anyone with any thoughts?

Thanks,

2. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

If you are unsure, just buy an Apple one, that way you are guaranteed a decent one, because even it it fails they will just give you a new one.

3. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

I am getting power form a fastmac (truePower) MBP laptop battery right now. I love it, I have a MBP 15" 2.0ghz core duo and I get about 3.5 to 4 hours on a full charge with no bluetooh wifi on and full brightness (my original MBP Battery held about 3 new in same conditions). They (truepower) use lithium-polymer battery as apple uses lithium-ion which holds less.

The reason I got a new battery was I dropped my mbp. my battery life dropped after that, 2 hours was a lucky thing, and well I had put well over 1500 cycles (it stopped reporting correctly after the drop) in just about 1.5 to 2 years. (im mean to batteries)

PS: the FastMac (truepower) battery is also cheaper and has a better warranty.