New Battery problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jacdem, Apr 27, 2010.

1. jacdem macrumors member

yesterday I just bought new battery and after using it it showed that It has 95% capacity. this morning it is showing me that It has only 82% of battery capacity. I called the sellers and He is telling me that is normal. I was thinking that he should change the battery.
    I don't know much about macbook pro batteries, so any advice will be appreciated. I join a picture of the results showed by coconut battery.

Attached Files:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Calibrating a portable computer battery

To check battery status, use iStat Pro or coconutBattery or
     > About This Mac > More Info... > Hardware > Power > Charge Information:

Be aware that battery readings aren't 100% accurate, so you may find that your battery stops charging at 98% or your battery health fluctuates up and down over time (100%, 96%, 99%, etc.) This is completely normal. You don't have to worry about anything unless your battery health suddenly drops to under 80% with fewer than 300 cycles. In this case, assuming your battery is properly calibrated (so the readings are as accurate as possible), you may have a defective battery. If so, contact AppleCare to see if they will replace it.

3. jacdem thread starter macrumors member

thanks for your reply. The problem is that I didn't buy it from apple store and This is a new battery with only 2 cycles as you can see from the picture. So I am really wondering if the battery is good.

4. forcefieldkid macrumors 6502

Let the battery run down, let it sleep for a few hours, then charge it back up again and see where it tops out. It could just be a read error, i've had them a couple of times, never as low as that though.