New battery tip

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andross77, Oct 25, 2011.

1. andross77 macrumors regular

:)

I have had charges with AMAZING battery life and ones with the draining every minute crappy battery life. One thing I noticed this morning is sometimes when I take my phone off the charger ( i charge it everynight, overnight) it IMMEDIATELY drops to 99% or 98% and even once instantly to 97%.

When that happens something is obviously screwing up in the software. This is when i get the drain super fast battery. So i plugged mine back in this morning and let it go to 100% and then made sure after I take it off that it stays at 100% like it should.

I went 3.5 hours off the charger this morning, almost no usage, and it stayed at 100%. After that I made a call, checked email, looked at a facebook album with 100+ pictures, etc and now 5 hours off the charger i am at 93%, which for me is totally acceptable.

Anywho, another thing for all you guys to try. Make sure when you take it off the charger, it stays at 100%, then use it as normal and see if it has good battery life.

I'm still waiting for the Apple software update fix but thought this was an interesting theory in the meantime.

2. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

I think I am going to stab myself in the eye if I see another battery thread :(

3. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

It's going to die at 82% don't worry.

If not 82% then 57%. Just watch it closely...

4. andross77 thread starter macrumors regular

if you do, the world will have one less overdramatic person that can't emotionally cope with insignificant parts of their day.

I hope you find healing....

5. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

you're the one being overdramatic about some "battery issue"

6. Ding.Dong macrumors regular

Here's your solution:

1. Turn off battery percentage.
    2. Stop obsessing over every tiny change in the battery indicator.
    3. Go live your life.

The circuitry in the iPhone is not accurate enough to reflect a 1/100 change in the battery level.

7. Eradik macrumors regular

Thats what I do. I used to leave the percentage on, but then I finally realized I just needed to ignore it. Turned it off and forgot about it :)