Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
Well…sort of! :D

Recently, the owner of the home we rent agreed to replace all the carpet in our house (it was really old. That meant everything (EVERYTHING) that was sitting on carpet HAD to be moved.

If you've seen the pictures of my Quicksilver you can see it sits on carpet. So, it had to be moved.

The carpet people finished Friday, but my QS went into the garage last Monday. However, we decided to take this as an opportunity to rearrange things.

Below you'll see the start of what will be my section of the living room. Nothing is hooked up yet of course, but I've got the monitors where I want 'em. :D

Watch this space. :)

2015-06-28 18.36.52.jpg

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
Nah, we just switched control centers! :D

BTW, my wife calls it Mission Control. :D

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
New carpet is always a terrible experience(at least it has been for me) since it's like moving but without a new house/location to put all the stuff you've packed. It is nice when done and-as you've found-a good chance to reorganize but still a huge inconvenience. My parents did the whole first floor of the house about two years ago, and I was just glad the crew got done in a day.

In any case, have fun setting everything back up again!

happyfrappy

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2007
Location eh?
Niiiiice monitors, perfect for an AMD Eyefinity setup ideal for an encryption & one-time-passcode super computer... ;)

I used to be a desk person with two monitors until I took an adventurous job which gave me a PowerBook G3, since then its been mobility on a PowerBook G4 to Thinkpad to MacBook Pro... along the way I had a Palm Pilot & PocketPC. Haven't owned/actively used a desktop since... *stares at an Athlon 64 w/5.25 & 3.5" floppy drives* :eek:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
New carpet is always a terrible experience(at least it has been for me) since it's like moving but without a new house/location to put all the stuff you've packed. It is nice when done and-as you've found-a good chance to reorganize but still a huge inconvenience. My parents did the whole first floor of the house about two years ago, and I was just glad the crew got done in a day.

In any case, have fun setting everything back up again!
Let's just say that we gave the carpet company over a month lead time and that by the end of it we now know what company we will NEVER use if we ever have to replace carpet on our own dime.

Ugh though. I wish that was ALL I had to do.

We had a dust storm start up last night so all the stuff on the patio outside got an unplanned express trip back inside and we're sorting it out from the inside.

I still have half a 12' PODS container to empty and I hope I can get it done before PODS charges me for another month. Placement of the entertainment unit was predicated around the setup of the Mac though so that will happen tomorrow night. Then the bookshelves outside in the POD can come back in.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
Niiiiice monitors, perfect for an AMD Eyefinity setup ideal for an encryption & one-time-passcode super computer... ;)

I used to be a desk person with two monitors until I took an adventurous job which gave me a PowerBook G3, since then its been mobility on a PowerBook G4 to Thinkpad to MacBook Pro... along the way I had a Palm Pilot & PocketPC. Haven't owned/actively used a desktop since... *stares at an Athlon 64 w/5.25 & 3.5" floppy drives* :eek:
Well, the QS is the only desktop Mac I have. Everything else is a PowerBook G4, an iBook G4 or an MBP.

But this kind of setup is always something I wanted when the Quicksilver came out.

Mine now of course is missing a few parts as I removed them to make space for fans.

jbarley

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
Having lived in the same house now for 50+ years and gone through several carpet changes we too finally gave carpet the big "heave-ho".
Installed tile throughout the house and are totally happy with the improvement.

Reno10.jpg

Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
Alas, we rent our home. If it had been our choice we would have had someone come in and styled the concrete (that's actually a service by several companies here in Phoenix).

Fortunately, I wasn't responsible for the $2,500+ it cost to replace all of the carpet. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.