New Belkin Folio Case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by snarestud940, May 18, 2012.

1. snarestud940 macrumors 6502

How is this case Anybody have it? I currently use a black smart cover and black smart feather back and I love the slim look, however I want a case that I don't have to slide into a sleeve when I put it into a suitcase or backpack.

I like this case because it does not cover the bezel, and has the autowake and sleep magnets. What do you guys think?

http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=648365

2. snarestud940 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. ElDogman, May 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2012

ElDogman macrumors 6502

ElDogman

I have the leather version of that case.
    basically the same thing except for the material of the exterior

here's my simple video review

to summarize

its a bit on the bulky side, also a bit hefty

but gives you lots of viewing angles to choose from in stand mode
    and you can fold the cover back and use it in a landscape or typing mode
    if you bend the back into the front, you also have another typing mode where the interior does not touch the surface if that's an issue with you

magnets did not work on the first one I had, so Belkin exchanged it and gave me a working one..

the cover does accidentally trigger the auto on/off more often than I would like

could be held in book mode and the magnetic latch is a nice addition I feel as you can bend it back and get it out of the way.

4. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

I have the Cinema Stripe Folio case in blue and I like it. It's a little more bulky than my Joy Smart Suit 3 but it's more protective and also very well-made, has many viewing angles, holds its positions very stable in stand mode (which is more than i can say about many folio-type stands), and the cover folds back flat behind the base if you like to read that way. Magnets works as they should and the little flap can be flipped back behind and secured with magnet when using in the book mode. I haven't had much problem with the on-off triggering with this case. What's not to like? I think it's a little pricey at full retail but if you can find it discounted, it's a good case. IMO, none of these cases should run more than $50 or they are a ripoff!

5. snarestud940 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks I watched your review and I have to say it is a good one. The only thing that I do not like is the on and off switch being more than normal. Is the on and off function the same as the stripe case? Or does it happen more on the leather case?

6. ElDogman macrumors 6502

ElDogman

i imagine it would be the same, the only difference is the exterior.

7. khollister macrumors 6502a

khollister

I picked this up at Costco yesterday for $24.99 - they had it in solid black or gray, iPad 3 version only. Like it so far.