New Best Buy Not Showing All Macs

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ant7783, Jul 17, 2008.

1. ant7783 macrumors member

I went to the grand opening of a new Best Buy in Manahawkin, NJ today. When I was in there I was looking for the macs. When I finally found them all that was displayed was an iMac and a 15 inch Macbook Pro

I thought this was odd seeing the store just opened, when I looked next to the macbook pro there were slots that were empty for 3 other laptops

Could this mean that new macbooks are on there way, and that because the best buy just opened they are waiting for the new units

Anyone else see this before

2. CWallace macrumors 601

CWallace

The new Macs were launched at that store this morning and sold out before you came. You might have seen Steve Jobs head out the back door. :p

And to think I just joked about such a scenario in another thread. :cool:

Anyway, I am sure it was due to lack of current stock specific to Best Buy and not a sign of new models coming in the immediate future. :)

3. Hoopdy macrumors 6502

Look on the homepage of MacRumors.com...Best Buy has been told by Apple that they won't be receiving/ or will receive fewer notebooks, which means new ones are coming out soon. Best Buy probably doesn't have stock at that location because it's new and theres no point putting old stock there just to have it sit there when new ones come out.

4. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

I'm not sure if it applies to other Best Buys, but my local Best Buy, upon inquiry, stated that it doesn't carry all Apple computers because some of them are considered "special products" (ie, the Mac Pro, 30" ACD, and surprisingly the Mac Mini).

5. ndheah macrumors regular

Yeah, mine only carriers laptops and iMacs. They just started doing this though, about 5-6 months ago.