New bike woot woot

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by BigPrince, Sep 16, 2007.

1. BigPrince macrumors 68020

2. nuclearwinter macrumors regular

nuclearwinter

Nice.

Congrats. Looks great. How does it ride and how do you intend to employ it? City, rural, single-track? Any reason you didn't go for disc brakes? My brother needs a bike and he has been looking at the one you've just purchased. I'd be very interested to hear what you think about it.

I just got back into mountain biking last year. Currently, I'm riding this baddy. As far as I know, Trek owns Gary Fisher bikes now.

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Looks pretty cool in orange, although I'm sure the bike will ride just as well in black and chrome. ;)

4. BigPrince thread starter macrumors 68020

I did not go for Disc brakes because it was more expensive(*I believe $100 or so). I am just picking up mountain biking again and wanted to start out with something serious, but more entry level.

I plan on riding it in a Town conditions, unpaved roads, and when I get more into shape, trails.

*I was going to get the 3900, but because of my weight he recommended the better shock that would be more appropriate for me, thats why I went with that one.

5. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Sweet! I have a nice, Trek starter bike that does me fine on the dirt I ride on. I just went out yesterday since it was so cool. It was a great ride. Have fun with it!

6. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Actually its been proven that orange bikes go faster, something about how the light reflects off of it or something? Oh well, blacks a pretty spiffy colour.

7. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Didn't want to get a road bike like the Trek 1000?

8. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

9. iNikon macrumors member

Nice bike - that Trek is a good riding machine.

I ride mountain bikes and also race BMX - best full body workout there is!

[​IMG]

10. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

^
    I suppose it's safe to say that the stunning clear photo above was taken with a Nikon camera then huh?