New Blackberry Torch for Longtime iPhone User = iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigdaddymac, Mar 7, 2011.

1. bigdaddymac macrumors regular

Had to get a blackberry for work, and went with the Blackberry Torch. I have to say, I am really enjoying it. I still have my iPhone, which is now only for personal use, but find myself using the BB Torch more and more.

I'd forgotten how amazingly fast/responsive email is on a blackberry. And I like the keyboard and this Torch touchscreen isn't half bad. Plus, there are a few UI elements on the Torch that I really like (their Social App is pretty great and bringing together Twitter/Facebook/Etc., for example). (And I get full bars phone reception in areas where my iPhone has no service - both are with ATT).

However, the iPhone blows the Torch away in many areas like internet usage, multimedia, screen clarity, and the touchscreen interface is WAY better. And of course the iPhone apps are miles better than the Blackberry Apps.

My iPhone contract is up soon, so am pondering my next step. I may convert my iPhone into an iTouch, buy an iPad 2, and use my blackberry for email/phone.

Curious if anyone else has thoughts on the Torch, or is giving up their iPhone for the iPad.

2. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

The torch is the worst blackberry on the market today. Slow, unresponsive touch screen, terrible display and an awful UI.

3. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

No it isn't my dad is using one for his work and it works great for emailing and such. The IPhone of course is better but your critique is way to harsh also its the safest device in terms of encryption out there.

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I didn't like the BB Torch all that much. I've had other BB's but for some reason, the Torch just wasn't my style (personally, I think BB just tried waaaaaay to hard to make an iPhone killer and failed instead of sticking with that they do best)

That said, I think your plan seems pretty good. Go for it :)

5. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

I didn't compare the Torch to the iPhone. I compared it to other Blackberries. I know 4 people who all bought the torch and subsequently returned it for either the Bold or the Curve b/c of how horrible it was.