NEW Blackbook Delivery & Questions..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by skeley69, Dec 6, 2007.

1. skeley69 macrumors member

hey all apple users and macrumour members,

im in the UK and decided to purchase a 2.2 SR blackbook for xmas. i ordered it on monday night (3.12.07) from the UK online store. it appeared at my doorstep weds afternoon! is apple delivery suppose to be that freakishly fast? im not complaining but very surprised.

also, ive read on these forums and other macbook forums of problems with macbooks again and again and again. i love apple products but im i to expect a problem with this macbook, say, in a month or so? im getting the impression everybodys having problems with their macbooks.

any info would be appreciated, cheers folks

- ali

2. McGarvels macrumors 6502

McGarvels

FWIW, my SR macbook is doing great. I think you'll be fine...if not, there is always Applecare. Enjoy your new Blackbook!

3. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

No problems here with mine! enjoy! Give it 4 gb of ram and you will be amazed!;)

4. skeley69 thread starter macrumors member

cheers guys..

one last question, i ordered the standard 1GB ram option (2x512mb). if i bought a 2GB ram stick could i install that and effectively have 2.5GB ram?

- ali

5. 119576 Guest

Yep.

6. tikitommy macrumors regular

Granted its only 3 days but i love my SR macbook. i ordered some crucial ram online and i'm running 4 gig.

the reason why there might seem to be so many problems is that you don't have every person who doesn't have a problem posting. so the posts may seem to lean to the problematic.

7. Gerardo macrumors newbie

I'm in Mexico. Just bought my Blackbook last week (from the newly opened Apple Store Mexico), on Thursday 29, and it arrived to my house 4 business days later, this past Wednesday. It was shipped from Memphis, TN, through UPS. I'd never had any other electronics purchase arrive so fast. And the Blackbook is simply gorgeous.