Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jigspanchal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
First of all thanks all for making this a great forum. So after months of waiting, I finally made a plunge and bought the new Black Macbook with the free nano(blue). I have to say I am really loving it. Its just sooo sexy.

I had a couple of questions though. I looked closely at the screen of the macbook, and there are a bunch of tiny spots on the screen(not visible when the screen's on). I think it could be tiny dust particles trapped behind the film. Also there's a small scratch on the film. Again, all this is not visible when the screen's on. Should I be worring about the spots/marks?

Also, if you guys can suggest any cool apps for the mac. I was wondering if you guys knew of something to show off to all my PC friends. I know it sounds juvenile, but all my friends keep asking me to show them that the mac can do that their PC's can't.

Thanks fellas

ab2650

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2007
First of all thanks all for making this a great forum. So after months of waiting, I finally made a plunge and bought the new Black Macbook with the free nano(blue). I have to say I am really loving it. Its just sooo sexy.

I had a couple of questions though. I looked closely at the screen of the macbook, and there are a bunch of tiny spots on the screen(not visible when the screen's on). I think it could be tiny dust particles trapped behind the film. Also there's a small scratch on the film. Again, all this is not visible when the screen's on. Should I be worring about the spots/marks?

I would say worry about it if it's going to be bothering you and depriving you of sleep. Otherwise forget about it. My MBP has one dead pixel that I didn't notice for over 3 months. So I forgot about it (hey, thanks for making me remember! ;)) In honesty, if you KNOW it isn't causing harm, and you can't see it when you're using the computer, then what does it matter? That's my take, but there are others on this board more perfectionist than I.

Also, if you guys can suggest any cool apps for the mac. I was wondering if you guys knew of something to show off to all my PC friends. I know it sounds juvenile, but all my friends keep asking me to show them that the mac can do that their PC's can't.

I say make them a keynote presentation (assuming you have iWork '06/'08 or a demo thereof). In your stunning presentation show that you can have OS X and Windows running simultaneous using Parallels or VMWare... Then fire up terminal and do some unix-ey stuff.. Try typing "say Hello" ;)

Don't forget to use that remote to your advantage. Go and download iAlertU and tell them how you have a motion alarm for your Mac... If you're a web developer, show them you have Apache and PHP pretty much built-in (just a few configurations away). Oh, and most of the iLife apps can do impressive things too. Try some slide shows in iPhoto; if you have a camcorder, show how freaking easy it is to import and edit video with iMovie.

But the best advice is don't let them see it at all. Tell them that you have some new, better, more attractive friends and they all have Macs too. You can be very apologetic, but be firm that their choice in personal computing dictates their mentality and you simply can't associate with the likes of them. :D

APPLEFAN8

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
NJ/GA/FL
sweet! I'm getting mine on august 20th! Were driving down to delaware(live in NJ) to get my macbook tax free and I get a goverment discount since my dad is state police!

jigspanchal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
But the best advice is don't let them see it at all. Tell them that you have some new, better, more attractive friends and they all have Macs too. You can be very apologetic, but be firm that their choice in personal computing dictates their mentality and you simply can't associate with the likes of them. :D

I like it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.