New bluetooth issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tl01, Sep 21, 2010.

1. tl01 macrumors 65816

I am running the most updated software on my iPhone 4. Since I got my iPhone I have been using it with the Bluetooth system in my car. I updated my iPhone with the update became available a few weeks ago. This morning all was well but now my car and phone won't connect. When I tried to re-pair them, my phone says that that handsfree is not supported. Any idea what is going on?

2. seenett macrumors regular

Yeah, this is a mystery issue. I've been able to Google this and found others like us. I use the Ford Sync system in two cars; both worked flawlessly until the update. Now, I can not pair the iphone to the Syncs. I get as far as the devices discovering each other and inputting the 6 digit code from sync, but then it still says no devices connected. My iPhone thinks its connected (blue tooth icon lit), but the Sync system is not displaying its icon. Worse, duting a call I can heat the caller, but my outgoing audio vanishes between the iphone and Sync; they can hear nothing. Even though Sync says there are no paired phones, the blue tooth audio streaming works fine.

I have not been able to connect my "backup" Motorola blue tooth headsets since the update either.

3. BubbaJones macrumors regular

BubbaJones

I've found that, after the update, my bluetooth headset will become disconnected while switching from one audio source to another.

For example, if I'm listening to a podcast and switch to the video camera, I will lose audio. Then I need to reboot the phone in order to get the connection to re-establish.

I didn't have this issue prior to the update.