New Bluetooth Keyboard works on windows pc?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Cure, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Cure macrumors newbie

Hi,

After reading the forum for over a year, my first post! Yay :)

I was wondering has someone tried to get the new bletooth keyboard working under windows on a normal desktop pc?

The mighty mouse works flawless with a bluetooth stick, but I couldn't get the old apple bluetooth keyboard working on a windows-pc. Maybe things have changed with the new keyboard and works it as flawlessly as the mighty mouse.

Can someone confirm?

ps; not under bootcamp! Just a regular desktop-game-pc.

2. BioChron macrumors regular

BioChron

I don't think that the Bluetooth keyboards are yet out, but I wouldn't think they would work with a Windows PC, simply because the last ones didn't.

I don't know, maybe they will change!

- Daniel

3. fw7oaks macrumors newbie

Well I got a new flat Mac keyboard to work (sort of) with Windows 2000 SP4.

The key to success is the correct Bluetooth stack in Windows, the software supplied with the cheap dongle screwed things up so well that a good few hours were wasted until I got Win 2K running again.

Being stupid, I tried the same dongle with the Widcomm.com software and this time didn't have any problems with the installation.

Since the KB doesn't have a reset or discover switch I took the batteries out and then reinserted them to get the micro LED to blink. (This LED, is a real pain, it will go 'off' even when the KB is 'on')

The next trick to to type the required number to pair the KB to the dongle *real slow*, with luck the KB should them pair up with the dongle and you are in business. More or less, the basics work, the fancy stuff 'Command' etc will need editing with a windows KB scan-code editor since not everything works.