New. Book / Website Recommendations ?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by zerocustom1989, Apr 15, 2010.

1. zerocustom1989 macrumors regular

Hey guys,I'm a junior in Computer Engineering with an interest in interface design and data interactivity.

Since none of my education will cover anything related to anything im interested in I've tasked myself with learning iphone development as I feel this is a great area of interactivity and data presentation.

I know C++ and Java at an academic level (read: probably pathetic I'm sure)
    I've developed an OpenGL environment in C++/Visual Studio and do most of my recent coding in matlab.

So here I am. I meant to start this last year, but I've finally decided to just dedicate a summer to it and see how I do.

I've got some great ideas for basic introductory apps that would be mostly edit-able tables and a bit of polish.

Can you guys recommend to me any Books or great Tutorial websites (Most in the sticky-d post are broken)?
    I've been reading up on the ObjC Documentation already, but It seems like it has a learning curve a bit too steep for me.

Thanks guys,

-J

2. boatski macrumors regular

I've been reading 'Programming in Objective-C 2.0' by Stephen Kochan. It will start you from the beginning and has a lot of recommendations, if that's something you're looking for.

I've also seen Cocoa Programming for Mac OSX by Hillegrass recommended a lot. This book is my next selection.

3. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

I think if you search this forum you will find plenty of previous threads on books and tutorials.