New Booq Bags Shipping

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rs7, Nov 19, 2008.

1. rs7 macrumors regular

It seems the new Booq bags are shipping early. I ordered it instead of the InCase because it seemed that these are specifically designed for the new unibody MacBooks.

2. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

Thanks, but it took them too long. I already bought another case. Booq Bag was my #1 choice, but with the late shipping, I couldn't wait.

Thanks for the heads up though.

3. nytivofan macrumors newbie

My Booq Taipan Skin just arrived. Awesome build quality - since these were designed for the Aluminum Macbooks specifically, the fit is really precise. There's a a strip of material between the zipper enclosure seal and the Macbook so scratching isn't going to be an issue. All in all, I'm a happy customer.

Attached Files:

4. Jimmyboy macrumors newbie

Could you pls post some more pics of ur booq sleeve. I really like it...think gonna go for it also :D

5. nytivofan macrumors newbie

There's not much more to see-here's one more:

Attached Files:

6. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

how thick does it feel? enough cushion to be protected when in a bag?

7. nope7308 macrumors 65816

nope7308

Keep in mind that it's a sleeve and not a protective case. If you want serious protection from a sleeve, you may want to check out the Booq Viper line (I think that's the name).

Now, if you're just concerned about build quality, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. I've compared almost every sleeve and the Booq Taipan is the best by far. In fact, I'm 110% confident that it's the best sleeve money can buy. You do get some cushioning with the sleeve, but nothing that would protect the computer from a hefty bump. If you're concerned about scratches, then you have nothing to worry about (the zipper guard is a nice touch). I'm also a big fan of the rubber strips as they maintain the form of the sleeve... it's also a great resting place if you're concerned about scratching the underside.

In the end, Booq is pricey but you definitely get what you pay for.

8. rs7 thread starter macrumors regular

Got mine yesterday. I thought it would be a little more protective, but whatever.