New Booq Mamba Catch Laptop Bag

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by enzo thecat, May 15, 2010.

1. enzo thecat macrumors 6502

enzo thecat

My Booq Mamba Catch messenger style bag for my new MBP 15 just arrived. I thought I'd let everyone know that I think it is the best laptop bag I've ever seen. The materials, design and stitching is beyond superb. It has pockets and compartments galore that I will never come close to filling. In fact, let me count them all....AT LEAST TWENTY FIVE!!! And I love the diversity of the storage compartments. Some are extra large, some are small, and everything in between. Some wide, some long, some narrow, some padded, some elastic, some lined with anti scratch felt, some see-through. I mean this is the ultimate bag.

Looks wise, well thats all more subjective. I think its the best looking bag booq offers. I've seen better from other companies, but this is definitely unique and I like that. My wife thought it was stylish and its looks may grow on me even more.

I bought it to use for trips and the occasional event when I'd want to take my laptop or ipads somewhere with me but now I am going to use it as an everyday briefcase to my office. Its not very often when something blows away my expectations, but booq created a masterpiece here and I just thought I'd let everyone know about it. It was because of macrumors that I even ever heard of booq. If anyone has questions, let me know and I'd be happy to answer them.

e

If you are wondering if it is worth the $, I say it definitely is.

2. edere macrumors member

I got that bag too a couple of weeks ago to replace my old Booq Mamba Saddle. Booq's warranty is great! My old bag starting ripping just after a year of owning the bag and Booq gave me credit for the original purchase price of the bag, which I used to buy the Mamba Catch.

The Catch is a slight improvement over the Saddle in terms of pocket & compartment spaces and padding, but I'm finding that the actual amount of storage space is smaller than the Saddle. In the old bag, I could easily fit my MBP, my Nikon D40 dSLR and extra lens without much problem. But it's a tight squeeze to put just my MBP and D40 in the Catch.

It's still a great bag, but I just wish I could fit more stuff in it.

3. brand macrumors 601

brand

While I have owned the Vyper 15" MacBook Pro Sleeve and two Booq Boa backpacks, the first and third generation, I would not call their warranty great. The first Booq Boa backpack started to rip so I paid to have it shipped to them and they declined the repair or replacement saying it was just cosmetic and then charged me to return shipping to get the backpack back. Cosmetic or not the bag they sold me was tearing and in no way was it caused by me.

In general I have been very pleased with their products and think that they are well designed and made. At the same time I have no trust in their warranty and they have proven to me that they do not even stand behind their own products. I have purchased from them since the incident above but do not recommend their products to others and usually recommend a different manufacture's products instead. When a company such as Booq charges as much as they do for their products but will not stand behind them and has such a poor warranty it is hard for me to recommend it to others.

4. enzo thecat thread starter macrumors 6502

enzo thecat

Yeah, in no way would I be able to use this for our camera equipment. I would have picked a different bag for that.

5. isf215 macrumors newbie

i have a question. i'm really interested in this bag but im concerned because im going to be commuting on a bike and the it looks like the shoulder strap is just i buttoned on there and im kind of scared that the button will come undone and my bag will fall off when im riding to or from school? is the shoulder strap more reliable?