New Boot Camp/Win7 User-No Internet

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by imrahil327, Nov 12, 2011.

1. imrahil327 macrumors newbie

So I finally decided there were enough things that I'd really like a Windows partition on my Macbook Pro. I got everything partitioned, Windows installed itself OK, but it will not find the Internet signal on the Windows side. Hopefully this is a common problem with an easy solution :D

A secondary, smaller issue: Is it possible to change the resolution on the Windows side, and if so, how? It feels very cramped currently.

Thanks in advance for the help!

(Hopefully) Relevant details:
    •Windows 7 Home Premium (not upgrade)
    •Running OS 10.6.8 on the Mac side
    •2.53 GHz Intel Core i5
    •15" Macbook Pro, ~ 1 year old

2. johnhurley macrumors 6502a

johnhurley

Did you have to do something on the mac os x side to configure your internet connection? You have to do the same type of thing on the windows side.

If you are using a wireless connection then over in the right side ( bottom ) tray there should be something to click on ( right click on ) to connect to a wireless network. Network sharing center etc and go from there ...

For changing the display resolution you just right click on a spot in the main screen and click personalize then display settings or something similar.

I always change the mouse pointer in windows also ( make it larger and black ) but do whatever other changes make your win 7 experience happier.

3. Sincci macrumors regular

Sounds like you didn't install the bootcamp drivers. You can download them on the OSX side with the bootcamp assistant, copy them to an usb stick, reboot back to windows and install the drivers from the usb stick.