New Bose inear headset with in-line mic

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by hrv888, Oct 11, 2009.

1. hrv888 macrumors regular

Anyone has the new Bose headset with mic? I have the old one that doesn't have the mic. Considering to ugrade to the one with mic since the one came with iPhone doesn't sound that good. My question is how does the remote work? Only for answering calls? Can it change the volume? Click twice move to next song? Can it? Thanks. Or u recommend other headset with mic and remote?

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I just bought the Klipsch Image s4i headphones recently and think the bang for the buck ($99) is tremendous.

3. Goldcard macrumors regular

The dude asked about the BOSE headphones. If he wanted opinions on other headphones he would have asked. I'm so over the Shure fanboys.

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

:) This time I did read the thread Mommy.

5. hrv888 thread starter macrumors regular

I basically don't like the mic adaptors, makes me carry too much wires. Lol another question though when using sound isolated earphones does it really feel like ur ears are being in a vacuum? It isn't comfy for me that way. Ul hear loud thumping sound on ur head when u knock ur head while wearing those kind of earphones right? Il take a look at the klipsch.

6. hrv888 thread starter macrumors regular

Is there a headset with crossover in it? With mic and audio controls? Don't really mind the price since i will be using it daily so it will be worth it. Lol

7. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Umm... the reason why I suggest the Shure MPA is because if you use it with the Shure SE series headphones, the chord (combined) is no longer then your standard iPhone cable, i.e. the right distance and one cable.

8. hrv888 thread starter macrumors regular

Really? Then I should check it out. But won't the mic be too far below if I Placed the phone in my jeans?

9. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

The mic will hang by the chord around your ear, for me at 5'7 it sits midway on my chest, slightly below my breasts (I'm male, if that helps). It is not long and I prefer it's location.

10. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Now that's funny, what size bra do you wear?:D

11. LinMac macrumors 65816

You have to understand the Shure SE530 headphones have an extremely short cord to start with. The headphones themselves only go to about the collar of your shirt before stopping. You need to use (included) extensions to use them normally.

The microphone there would be about the right length.

I own some Bose In-Ear headphones and the Shure SE530 headphones. The Shure are so much better I would throw the Bose in the garbage if I had to choose one over the other.

Get the Shure and don't waste your money on Bose's marketing hype.

12. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I'm sorry, next time I will attempt to be less helpful.