New Brushed Aluminum Incase Slider Preview!!

dutchie000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2008
Hey,check out the new brushed aluminum shell slated to be released in spring of '09

ahcl20

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2008
Hey,check out the new brushed aluminum shell slated to be released in spring of '09

Nice. Hopefully the aluminium layer doesn't peel off :D

Spring 09 is a bit late. By that time probably the next iPhone model will be due!

Hockey man

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2008
Is this for the 3g only or will they make one for the original also? I have the original, and have a gloss black slider(which is now broken) and I would love to have a brushed aluminum for my first gen.

Clyde099

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2007
This is what I got in an incase e-mail a couple of weeks ago:

"The Slider Case for iPhone™ 3G is now available in Black matte and White gloss through the webstore at goincase.com and will be on store shelves soon.

We're taking it a step further and going beyond black and white for the iPhone 3G, so look for new Slider Case color ways to release in the future.

(Hint: the future is shiny for fall and bright for spring.)"

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
reception

I am interested in this case for a single reason: if it doesn't reduce signal strength then we can conclude that the reason Apple move to plastic on the 3G wasn't to improve signal reception.

luckygyrl83

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2008
Fullerton, CA
I am interested in this case for a single reason: if it doesn't reduce signal strength then we can conclude that the reason Apple move to plastic on the 3G wasn't to improve signal reception.
I was thinking the same thing. I love the silver, but not if it makes the reception worse than it is :/ Spring 09??? That's just dumb. That's missing the entire holiday season.

Zephgx

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2007
California
If it's real...cool and would buy it to replace my white one or swap it between both. But Spring 09? Wow...... Really why so late and maybe the next iPhone will come out a couple months after that. :mad:

w0ngbr4d

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2006
Findlay, OH
corecases has an aluminum slider for the 3G that looks like it will start shipping tomrrow. I think I'm gonna check it out. Probably will have better protection than a plastic slider case. iLounge has a preview of the 3G case and a review of the case for the first iPhone.