New BTMM Problem

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by danny_w, Jul 25, 2008.

1. danny_w macrumors 601

BTMM has been working great for me for quite a while now, long before MobileMe. I had to disable BTMM this morning to use VPN to connect to my office, and when I re-enabled it I got this error message. I have the checkbox enabled in my Airport Utility for my AEBSn running 7.3.1 firmware. Any ideas? I am going to the office now so I can check it from there. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I have the exact same issue as you, except my router is a Linksys. For some weird reason, enabling UPnP on my router interferes with VPN connections.

3. zedsdead macrumors 68040

I've had this problem, and emailed them, and after a week got a response to read the help article on the website. I emailed them back a few days ago and have received no reply as of yet. When "Sharing Public IP address I get an error message about Double-NAT. When I use Apple's advice in the article about switching to "Bridge Mode" I get the message you are about no NAT or UPnP.

BTMM has never worked for me. It was another feature from Apple that was falsely advertised. They made it sound like you buy Leopard and connect to the internet and it would work. Not true at all. For the record, both locations use an Apple Time Capsule and it still doesn't work. Very poor service.

4. danny_w thread starter macrumors 601

I just tried to screen share from work and all works as normal; however, I don't see any of my disks in my local finder, only via screen share. I checked the BTMM settings in System Preferences on my home computer from work and the error message now appears to be gone. Weird. I can live without accessing my disks directly from work, but it does seem strange when it used to work.

UPDATE: The disks on my home machine don't show under Shared-><machine name> (normally Share Screen and Connect As... show up there, now only Share Screen shows up) but they DO show up under Share->All-><machine name>. More weirdness.