New BTO options for Retina

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nhlducks35, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HighEndMac macrumors regular

    Mar 30, 2011
  2. Beanlok macrumors regular


    Nov 28, 2008
    I was going to start a new thread but...


    With an education discount, it is actually cheaper to configure the base model ($1999) to 2.6ghz ($90) and the 256gb to 512gb ($450) for a final price of $2,539.00. As opposed to entering at the pre-configured 2.6 w/512 for $2599.

    If I had ordered that configuration, I'd be after the difference. I didn't, however, and mine just shipped today!!!! Cant wait.
  3. macbook123 macrumors 68000

    Feb 11, 2006
    You should post a new thread about this as it is a very relevant spec combination that many educational affiliates may want to purchase. I for one did. My hope is that Apple will be reasonable enough to refund me the $60+tax difference.
  4. AZREOSpecialist macrumors 68020


    Mar 15, 2009
    ... plus tax, don't forget about tax! It's still cheaper to purchase a 2.6/512/16 through AppleInsider discount through MacMall than it is to buy at educational discount through Apple. Why? MacMall does not charge sales tax, so in many cases you may come out slightly ahead.
  5. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

    Oct 31, 2006
    No sales tax here in Oregon. :D
  6. defektion macrumors regular

    Jan 29, 2010

    I called and tried to get the difference back but they're currently escalating the issue and not giving it to me. They just gave me my Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter for free. So now I'm just waiting for the supervisor to call me back.
  7. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

    Mar 7, 2010
    No sales tax for Military through AAFES and they price match :)
  8. spdntrxi macrumors regular

    May 11, 2012
  9. macbook123 macrumors 68000

    Feb 11, 2006
    Btw this may be a no brainer but note that the same is also true for all upgrades to the 2.6/512 configuration. For example the 16/2.6/512 option would be $60 cheaper if you start from the 8/2.3/256 one than if you start from the 8/2.6/512 one...
  10. defektion macrumors regular

    Jan 29, 2010
    Yeah I did the price comparison this morning. I ordered my 2.6/16/512 Monday evening. Then the BTO options on the base model happend this morning. Oh well, not much I can do at this point. I just want the damn order to finishing processing LOL.
  11. macbook123 macrumors 68000

    Feb 11, 2006
    Pretty sure Apple is going to give us our $60 back. I'm waiting for a 2.6/512/16 as well.
  12. balamw Moderator


    Staff Member

    Aug 16, 2005
    New England
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page