New build dates?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mario24601, Apr 20, 2012.

1. mario24601 macrumors regular

Just bought new white 32GB and build date is Dec. 2011 week 50 something. Seems a bit old. What are others build dates for same model? I noticed got quite hot during about 30 min use surfing. Hope not indicative of build date.

2. xraytech macrumors 68020

As much as we'd like to think it, there is no correlation between build dates and iPad defects. You get what you get regardless.

3. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

Try running it down to less than 20% several times and then charging to 100% and see if this helps with battery calibration. While mine. Still runs warm, it quit getting extremely hot after several battery charge cycles. If this doesn't help, make sure to return within 14 day window.

4. mario24601 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I tried that and still gets crazy hot. I thought people were exaggerating about this potential issue but damn does get hot. My old first gen never got even warm but this new one even when just surfing is very hot. Guess I'll have to exchange, hope this is not norm with 3rd gens.

5. Rjohnny macrumors newbie

My iPad got really hot to the touch and a borderline burning sensation, I replaced my iPad due to pink screen and with my replacement I now know it had a heat issue. My replacement iPad doesn't run even a fraction of heat as my old iPad, it runs much cooler on the same apps.

6. mario24601 thread starter macrumors regular

Happen to know build dates for both?

7. Rjohnny macrumors newbie

First one a week 7 and second a week 9

8. mario24601 thread starter macrumors regular

Took my first one back and got replacement. Had to go to a second apple store, they didn't have the exact same model in stock, was a pain but got another new one. The first had a built date of Dec. 2011 and got really hot. The new one has built date of April 2012 and have been putting it through the paces and so far so good...has not even gotten warm. I guess the 'hot' issue does exist and maybe build dates do have something to do with it...who knows...anyway glad I got another one and this one seems fine. And has pristine screen just like the first one. Now I need a good case for it, something that covers everything since this pad is for kids.