New Bumpers and Skins

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rumorman69, Oct 17, 2011.

1. rumorman69 macrumors regular

Hey guys. So I recently bought a white bumper for my white iPhone 4S and I noticed it was different than the black bumper I had a year ago (other than the color). The tiny lip on the edge of the case that goes around the front and back of the phone seems to be made of hard plastic. I'm pretty sure on my old bumper this was made of a soft rubbery material so that when you put the phone in there was some give and you could move the iPhone around and make it fit properly. Is this just specific to the white bumper, has anyone else noticed this change?

I have the full body BSE (front, back and sides) so I wasn't even able to put the bumper on since I was afraid of pulling off the skin with the hard plastic lip. Anyone else have an iPhone 4S with a skin and a bumper? How did you get it to fit? Anyone ever try the BSE "bumper optimized version" what's the difference?

2. DaveOP macrumors 65816

I finally did the opposite and got a black one this time. The quality of my black one seems way better, and fits my phone better. My white bumper got very loose quickly and discolored.

3. rumorman69 thread starter macrumors regular

What about the front and back lip on your bumpers, are they hard plastic or soft rubber? I could have sworn the black bumper had a rubber lip, while my new white bumper has a hard plastic lip. When did you buy each bumper?

4. nfl46 macrumors 603

This is correct. I had both the black and white bumpers for my iPhone 4 and the white one is loose and beige looking now. I bought a new black one for my white 4S. The black bumper held up better on my 4 than the white.

I had a full BSE shield on my 4, by the way.

5. rumorman69 thread starter macrumors regular

What about the lips on the white and black bumpers? Is it hard plastic or rubber and when did you buy them?

6. A.Jai macrumors member

A.Jai

Can I ask why you like this one so much? I currently have the pink Apple one on mine and it is nice but its just so bright. I want to switch to white but everyone says the white Apple one sucks.

7. DerekTS macrumors regular

Watch the installation video. This bumper is flimsy as hell. The silicone part was loose around the phone when they put it on. That bumper is going to provide no protection what-so-ever.

8. jeff0514 macrumors newbie

I have the new white bumper with an invisible shield. It hasn't caused me any problems so far, but I've only taken off the bumper and put it back on a few times.

9. jap1198 macrumors 6502

I wonder if they will still scratch the metal band around the phone? That's the only reason I didn't get for the 4S

10. rumorman69 thread starter macrumors regular

Are the front/back lips of the case hard plastic or soft rubber though? Please, I don't get why everyone is commenting, but completing ignoring my question. Thanks.:)

11. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

Inner piece is made of hard plastic, outer pieces are made from rubber. The black bumper had a softer rubber than all of the other colors. Not sure why though.

12. Krayzie116 macrumors 6502

do you guys know if you order the new bumper from apple site would fit the iPhone 4S? when I looked at my dad's it looks like the vibration switch doesn't line up. He is using the same bumper he was using on iPhone 4 which that bumper was the first one that came out.

I just order a bumper for my iPhone 4S on the Apple site http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC839ZM/B?mco=MTY3ODQ5OTY and gave my iPhone 4 AT&T with the bumper to my mom.

13. Ramrod82 macrumors regular

Ramrod82

I ordered a black bumper for my white 4s and it fits great!

14. big samm macrumors 65816

Wow people here are just totally ignoring the op's question! Who cares you got a bse, or invisible shield etc!! Anyways i still have the black bumper of the iphone 4 and the outer lips are made of soft rubber, the phone wouldn't move on a table because of the rubber lips. If the white one is plastic it will slide...

15. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

Really? :rolleyes:

Attached Files: