New Burberry Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jangoforhire, Jan 25, 2011.

1. jangoforhire macrumors member

I'm tempted to get one of these new cases from Burberry. But some things do not match up. The Women's version(http://us.burberry.com/store/womens-accessories/small-accessories/business/haymarket-check-iphone-cover/sku-37421801-haymarket-check-iphone-cover/) says it uses magnetic closures while the mens version (http://us.burberry.com/store/mens-accessories/iconic-checks/haymarket/haymarket-check-colour-iphone-case/sku-37292921-haymarket-check-colour-iphone-case/) does not mention this at all. Also, this is a new case design for 2011 but it looks like there is no camera hole for the front facing camera on the iphone 4?

Does anyone have any first hand experience with this case? How does it fit an iphone 4 and how is its functionality? I have been looking for one on ebay with more details/pictures but no luck. I have been searching google as well but the amount of knock-offs makes it impossible to see any reviews on the actual genuine case. Any help would be great thanks!

2. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

3. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

Wow, this looks so ugly to me. Just my opinion.

4. pchan0 macrumors regular

pchan0

5. troy14 macrumors 6502a

Do you guys even know what Burberry is? What did you expect when reading this thread?

To the OP: that is weird. First thought was maybe they thought the magnetic part was a bit more feminine so they left it out on the male version - but they both appear to be using the same stock photos.

I'll have to keep my eye out next time im in my Burberry store - while I love the classic haymarket check, I want the black/gray/smoke check for a case!! I'd buy one in a heartbeat

6. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

lol yeah i do... u know what gucci is? JK!

7. jangoforhire thread starter macrumors member

Hmmm, thanks for the reply Troy14. as to all the gucci fanboys I don't like the simple slide in, glove like case as much as something that flips open like clamshell case so that really isn't even an option for me. Im a fan of the burberry check so thats what leads me to this case. Also, Troy14, they do have a dark check case, http://us.burberry.com/store/mens-accessories/new-arrivals/embossed-check-leather-iphone-case/sku-37287941-embossed-check-leather-iphone-case/ but it is a little different from the smoke check you are talking about.

8. kicko macrumors 65816

for the money your using to protect the phone you can easily afford a replacement when you break it.

9. normwood macrumors 6502a

normwood

Stuffy products for stuffy people with to much money and to little sense who care more about their "status" than what kind of human being they are?

Was that the right answer?

What did I win?

:D

Steve

10. jangoforhire thread starter macrumors member

Hey steve, thanks that is exactly what I was looking for, I appreciate you helping out this post in no way whatsoever. Im just looking for some opinions on a case. If all you have to add is the fact that you cant afford the brand then why click on the thread in the first place. As for people who supposedly only care about their status, I like how you list all your apple products in your signature. I guess thats just incase you forget what you have right?

If anybody has any real experience or has seen this case in person I would appreciate any details you could offer. If people are just clicking on this to hate on the brand then id rather you stop criticizing a nice case. Just looking for some friendly info here guys.

11. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Wow you win? Youre the one listing your lovely products in the sig and youre talking about status. Try to think before typing.

Anyway back to OP. I plan on going to a Burberry store later today and check the cases out. I'm in the market for a new case too. Wish LV made an iPhone 4 specific case too

12. jangoforhire thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the post and let me know what you find out! i have called my local store and they do not have them in stock. I was in NYC last week but didn't have time to visit the store there, They probably would have had them. I agree on the LV case. I am not a fan of the simple slip in cases all the designers (LV, Gucci) have for iphones/ipads. At least burberry is mixing it up a bit.

13. Quockie macrumors newbie