new burner in macbook late 2007

vrrr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
did anybody notice that apple also upgraded the dvd burner in the latest macbook? it now has +/- DL capabilities. Previously it was only + DL. It also comes with a black microfibre cloth to clean the screen! I sold my 3 day old macbook on ebay and purchased the updated model which came in today. I think i made the right choice even though i lost about $100 on the deal after ebay fees were accounted for. I have 4gb of ram in it.

The Stig

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2006
On the track
Are you sure? I have a Rev B and I thought it did... So I checked on Mac Guides. And they agree with me.

Rev D - 8x double-layer SuperDrive (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
Rev B - 6x double-layer SuperDrive (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)

Other than being 2X faster writing to DL, they both look to do ±.

The Stig

jhu2

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2007
did anybody notice that apple also upgraded the dvd burner in the latest macbook? it now has +/- DL capabilities. Previously it was only + DL. It also comes with a black microfibre cloth to clean the screen! I sold my 3 day old macbook on ebay and purchased the updated model which came in today. I think i made the right choice even though i lost about $100 on the deal after ebay fees were accounted for. I have 4gb of ram in it.
wait a sec, i bought mine two days ago and i didn't get a microfiber cloth for it.....maybe its still it the box

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.