New Buttonless Touchpads = Pain

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jjcore, Dec 16, 2008.

1. jjcore macrumors newbie

Is it just me, or do the new aluminum macbook touchpads make your fingers sore after a while. I hate clicking now! Maybe I have weak fingers or I'm clicking too high up but seriously, not trackpad should be painful. Your thoughts?

2. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Why don't you just turn on tap to click? Made things a lot easier for me, that's for sure.

3. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

I like the new trackpad. If you are finding it hard to click to far up on the trackpad, use it as if there was a button on the bottom and I think it will work better for you.

I have mine set up for tapping to click and that works great with how I work.

4. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

I'm not a big fan of the tap to click, but I love the buttonless trackpad, its an amazing feature that added to my macbook purchase desire alright built up pre-launch.

5. Roadking macrumors 6502

I was never a fan of tap to click. But I gave it a try temporarily, and now that is how I have my system set.

I think I didn't like it before on my old windows laptop. This track pad is a huge improvement.

6. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

I love the trackpad. It's very convenient to use and easy...just made life easier...:)

7. KyPosey macrumors regular

KyPosey

well if your fingers hurt then you just pulled landscaping duty grandma.

8. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

Stiller rules in Happy Gilmore.

9. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

10. vienta macrumors newbie

I agree...actually clicking the pad does get very old. I turned on tap to click though and have been very happy since.

11. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Quite the opposite for me... i LOVE the new trackpad! and when i went to a PC laptop with a regular size trackpad, after about an hour my thumb started hurting from using the Right Click...
    tap to click is awesome, and the two-finger Right Click is AWESOME!

12. MarkMissoula macrumors member

The glass pad rules! So smooth and silky. Everytime i use my friends HP , im like man this thing sucks .

13. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

Add me to the fans of the new Touchpad. When I move over to my MBP I miss it.

14. Carnivor macrumors regular

Carnivor

+1 here, even when im using the wife's yr old macbook its so prehistoric

15. wordslinger macrumors newbie

sore fingertips...ugh.

i got my aluminum macbook in november 2008, and a couple months ago i started getting a sore and burning sensation in my fingertips when using the pad. almost feels like a layer of skin has been worn away! i started using a mouse recently, but my fingertips still hurt when i type even though i'm using the pad a lot less. guess it'll take a little while for my fingers to recover? hope so because it's painful to use my macbook.

16. tallguy macrumors regular

Clicking the trackpad does suck but that's why they gave you the option to touch tap. It's just so much better and you don't have to listen to the clicking all the time. Mmmm silence. :)

17. 11800506 macrumors 65816

I definitely know what it feels like moving over to a PC or even a regular white Macbook! I love the buttonless trackpad and I don't mind the clicking either. The gestures have just become so natural to me that when I go to other computers I find myself cramped and surprised when the gestures don't work.

18. NikFinn macrumors 6502a

NikFinn

Tap to click + gestures= best navigating experience ever.

19. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

i dont have one but i agree, i dont like them either and for me tap to click interferes

20. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Tap to click+multi-touch+multi clutch for extra Firefox support= heaven.

21. Kelly Craig macrumors member

Kelly Craig

I LOVE the new trackpads.
    tap, douple tap, two finger tap, two finger rotate, two finger expand and contract, three finger tap, three finger swipe, four finger swipe, palm it

22. Carnivor macrumors regular

Carnivor

tap to click on it isn't like tap to click on any other trackpad, it actually works very very very well. other trackpads i used to find myself accidently tapping so i was a bit sceptical when i first turned tap to click on, now im in tap tap heaven.

I still dont use tap to click on any of my other laptops tho, it still sucks on them.

23. monkey86 macrumors 6502

monkey86

if you dont get on with the trackpad get an external usb or bluetooth mouse, solves all the problems

24. cube macrumors G5

25. Menge macrumors 6502a

Menge

tap to click = perfect on those touchpads.

tap to click + multitouch + gestures = bliss!