New Canon 7D firmware

mulo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
Behind you
just a little "I said so" post

New canon 7D firmware, with a lot of improvements. most interesting to me extended burst to 26 raw images, and auto ISO limiter.

Canon 7D firmware 2

Last edited:

Rowbear

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
Gatineau, PQ, Canada
Cool, although the maximum burst "upgrade by firmware" means that the camera was already capable of doing 24 frames ... it was just crippled from day one :mad:

mulo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
Behind you
Cool, although the maximum burst "upgrade by firmware" means that the camera was already capable of doing 24 frames ... it was just crippled from day one :mad:
yea, from a consumer standpoint its incredibly annoying (thats why we have the whole magic lantern and voiding warranty race) but from a marketing standpoint it makes a lot of sense, since people would be forced to buy a higher model.

its the exact same model apple follows by not allowing older machines to run lion/mountain lion or getting siri on their iPhone 4/3Gs

WRP

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
Boston
Are you insane? Technology changes. Sorry they had no idea how to write the software to make it work that fast. Guess what... almost ALL software isn't utilizing the hardware available. Hardware is by far ahead of software in every aspect it is outstanding. The 5dII was "capable" of 24fps when released but the software wasn't ready yet. Was the biggest leap in DSLR's "crippled" because the software wasn't up to snuff yet? Find something else to be outraged about.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Yay! Optimised and improved software bringing new capabilities to a camera I've owned for a year and a half or so. That's good news :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.