New Canon HV10 + Final Cut Express = $@&%!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by MRockatansky, Aug 2, 2007.

1. MRockatansky macrumors member

Help! I am a total rookie at this, and I am getting frustrated. I am currently in Baghdad and bought a nice new Canon HV10 camera and a copy of FCE HD 3.5

I can't figure out how to get the video off my camera and into FCE. It's killing me! I don't understand all these settings and formats. What am I doing wrong?

I saw that the camera isn't on the FCE Qualified Device List. Did I screw myself here? Thanks in advance.

2. bozigle macrumors regular

That is strange...
    I did have problem with my HV-10 and SD-DV tape (see my previous posts) and iMovie
    But then i went to my apple reseller and plug my camcoder into their work macpro/FCE3.5 and without any prior experience of FCE i did managed to get some footage into their machine. So i don't think there is anything wrong with FCE and HV-10 association

So maybe you have have to read the documentation or if you're lazy(as much as i am) then you can go to http://www.apple.com/finalcutexpress/ and have a look at the videos in the quick tour, at the bottom of the page.

3. MRockatansky thread starter macrumors member

The fix!

Well, after much googling it turns out the answer was two things:

1) Using the Apple HDV Codec for 1080i60 to control the camera, NOT any of the Firewire codecs
    2) The HV-10 appears to only like to work with FCE when it's plugged into AC wall power.