New carrier settings update, safe?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by speedracer3000, Feb 17, 2010.

1. speedracer3000 macrumors 6502

I apologize if this is discussed, but I can't seem to find much on it after a search.

I am on a 3GS 3.1.2 blackra1n'ed/unlocked iphone purchased in the U.S., currently outside of the U.S. on a network that's not authorized with Apple in this country. I have APN set specific for the network I am on. I am assuming the message I am getting on iTunes for carrier settings update is safe (as it was in the past), but I was on AT&T before so just to be certain, I thought I'd check here.

Thx

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

3. speedracer3000 thread starter macrumors 6502

so anyone on T-Mobile (or whatever non-contracted network) able to confirm a Y or N on the carrier settings update?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

5. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Do you have a particular reason to want to update your carrier settings, or do you suffer from some kind of compulsive disorder that compels you to update whenever one is offered? Seriously, if your phone is working fine there's no reason to upgrade your carrier settings.

6. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

ya i wouldn't recommend doing it unless you are having network problems, which it doesn't sound like you are! :cool: