New Carriers to Pick Up Next iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by goodEYEDsniper, Jul 16, 2012.

1. goodEYEDsniper macrumors newbie

I was wondering what everyone thought about new carriers getting the next iPhone (not sure what I want to call it...).

I know US Cellular had declined getting the iPhone last year cause they said they wanted LTE on it since they had invested so much in getting it. But do you think they will actually get it?
    Source: http://gigaom.com/broadband/u-s-cellular-well-take-the-iphone-when-apple-gives-us-lte/

What other carriers are waiting for a LTE iPhone? Do you think the number of providers are going to greatly increase?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Nope.

3. gta50419 macrumors 6502

4. CallOfDuty macrumors 6502

Expect new carriers to carry the iPhone, this is all part of Apple's plan to maximize profits by introducing the iPhone to more networks. Explosive increase in supporting carriers? I'll say no. There's only so much operators in the world. However, expect more regional carriers to carry the iPhone.

5. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I also place a bet that T-Mobile US gets the next one.

6. twilightrose macrumors member

I too hope to see the upcoming iPhone on T-Mobiles network. :p

7. Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

There was an article about T-Mobile getting their infrastructure ready for the iPhone so we can expect that this Fall.

8. twilightrose macrumors member

Yeah, I was reading about that earlier tonight. Interesting read.In knowing that, I suppose they will "support" it be it through Apple, or as a standalone project like they have been doing.

9. andyx3x macrumors 65816

T-Mobile is not going to get the iPhone until next year because their LTE network will not be ready in time for this year.

10. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

I don't think T-Mobile deserves to get the iPhone.

I wouldn't put out a load of attack ads and then expect a company to sell out and give us the product we're attacking.

As far as new carriers, I'm sure more regional carriers will be getting the iPhone. U.S. Cellular & MetroPCS will probably most likely be the next slated.

11. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Apple and MS attack each other all the time and sell each others products (as well as MS investing in Apple in the 90's)
    Sony and MS fight in certain areas and collaborate in others
    Hell, both Verizon and Sprint have "attacked" the iPhone and sell it now, and what, AT&T shouldn't advertise other phones they offer? Makes perfect sense.

12. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Apple doesn't sell Microsoft products, and Microsoft does not sell Apple products.

Sony is a hot mess, with the different departments suing each other within the company, so not a good example to use.

As far as Verizon and Sprint attacking the iPhone, I can remember the one Droid commerical mocking the iPhone, but all of the Verizon ads prior to getting the iPhone not counting the Droid one were attacking AT&T, not the iPhone.

I don't recall Sprint ever attacking the iPhone.

Attacking a product directly (using name calling, bad representation) ≠ advertising different products in addition to the iPhone

T-Mobile also isn't very honest to it's customers (*cough* 4G claims *cough*)

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I think that will be the biggest change as far as US carriers go.