New Case Design / Customer Relations Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by robinster, Sep 30, 2008.

1. robinster macrumors newbie

I'd really like to know if anyone has any opinion on the design of the macbook pro around the C.D slot. The thin piece of metal along the top of the slot has become bowed due to to prolonged pressure from my hands while using the computer. Consequently, a C.D has become stuck in the drive. I looked at the most recent design of the macbook pro and see that this area has been modified. I believe this is because of a weakness in this area. I've tried to explain to Customer Relations that I haven't damaged the computer by neglect but by normal use. I've also had an apple service provider confirm that there is no evidence of impact damage. They are refusing to repair it and claim that improvements in design happen all the time and that I will have to pay for the repair. I'm not happy about. Any thoughts out there?! Robin

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

yes it is a weak point in th case, not sure what you mean though about haveing seen new designs that its been modified? I believe they are still all the same.

If you are talking about the upcoming release, no one knows anything about what it will look like or how it will be designed.

3. jargonblimp macrumors newbie

That sucks and is really bizzare.

Do you have really heavy hands?

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Unless you apply direct pressure to that point above the drive, you really can't just bend it.

5. robinster thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Squeeks

It's the current design that has the c.d slot without the thin metal strip.

6. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

I think you may be confusing the 15" and 17" MBPs which have a different CD slots.

7. robinster thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I have the 15" so that might explain it -

Oops!