New case guarantee iPhone 8 to have embedded Id?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Brandonjr36, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Brandonjr36 macrumors 6502

Saw these cases they say they guarantee to fit the iPhone 8. If that's the case doesn't that mean it's guaranteed to have Touch ID embedded into the display? No fps on the back and the power button isn't long like previous reports.

Attached Files:

2. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

At this point, Touch ID seems highly likely to be embedded in the display. Reports have strongly confirmed Apple will not have Touch ID on the back of the iPhone. A Foxconn insider also reported before WWDC that Touch ID was confirmed for the back of the iPhone. I personally feel it will be embedded in the display.

3. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

That open spot is for the camera.

5. ianrip macrumors 6502

ianrip

work:Oyu Tolgio, Home:LOS, From Scotland G15
    what i really want to know is, how will we find touch id sensor, when its dark.
    if its embedded in the display we will need some sort of indentation to find it, however how will that look if they're going for a smooth nothing on the screen as such finish, for example when playing video clips will we see a small circle over the touch id sensor.?

6. chilman macrumors regular

chilman

Omg, the so called 8 looks very nice. Some other sources also shown similar design like this one. Edge to edge screen is the new era. I hope the 128Gb the retail price won't increase by large margin from the 7. Looks like the fps is on the front, although nobody can be certain but I trust apple will put it on the front.

7. ianrip macrumors 6502

ianrip

work:Oyu Tolgio, Home:LOS, From Scotland G15
    I'm interested to see how they disguise the ring whilst watching media, but we'll still need some sort of indentation
    Siri Iphone7 = screen shot.jpg

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

How many times must we state this: case makers don't know. They speculate and hedge their bets, but they don't know.

This doesn't guarantee anything.

9. its Dale macrumors 6502

they get the official dimensions. its not a complete guess.

10. jhearty99 macrumors 6502

jhearty99

I think he is implying Apple may put Touch ID in the back Apple logo if they can not embed in the screen

11. Katana12128 macrumors newbie

I would prefer the touch ID to be on the back...

12. jc0187 macrumors member

Have you ever had a fps on the back of a phone? I have. The LGv10. It was terrible. I can't speak for others, but to me, having the fps on the back was a bad design and made life difficult for every day phone usage. No more seamless unlocking while phone is sitting on the table.

13. bushman4 macrumors 68000

Case maker producing these cases is making big bet
    Apple didn't confirm anything

14. jhearty99 macrumors 6502

jhearty99

Kind of like a lot of the case manufacturers on Amazon did with the 10.5" iPad. Most were slightly off with cutouts and fit like crap.

15. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

It wasn't really an implication. More of debunking the OP that the case ensures a front Touch ID (which I think will be the case anyway).

To me a "guarantee to fit" case for iPhone 8 would be something like the current iPhone leather cases style - no holes except camera cutout.

16. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

17. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

The could include a small flashlight with each iPhone 8! :rolleyes:

18. Katana12128 macrumors newbie

I have a galaxy s8 as a second phone and I got used to it, doesn't bother me that much anymore.

19. Ilikechainrestaurants macrumors newbie

The 6P has it and I much prefer it to my iPhone 7 in that regard. I'm anticipating the 8 will become my daily driver, and having to reorient to a front fps (which I now think is pretty inferior to be honest) is something I'm not looking forward to.