New case guarantee iPhone 8 to have embedded Id?

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin
Saw these cases they say they guarantee to fit the iPhone 8. If that's the case doesn't that mean it's guaranteed to have Touch ID embedded into the display? No fps on the back and the power button isn't long like previous reports.

Attachments

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Saw these cases they say they guarantee to fit the iPhone 8. If that's the case doesn't that mean it's guaranteed to have Touch ID embedded into the display? No fps on the back and the power button isn't long like previous reports.
At this point, Touch ID seems highly likely to be embedded in the display. Reports have strongly confirmed Apple will not have Touch ID on the back of the iPhone. A Foxconn insider also reported before WWDC that Touch ID was confirmed for the back of the iPhone. I personally feel it will be embedded in the display.

ianrip

macrumors 6502
what i really want to know is, how will we find touch id sensor, when its dark.
if its embedded in the display we will need some sort of indentation to find it, however how will that look if they're going for a smooth nothing on the screen as such finish, for example when playing video clips will we see a small circle over the touch id sensor.?

chilman

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2011
Omg, the so called 8 looks very nice. Some other sources also shown similar design like this one. Edge to edge screen is the new era. I hope the 128Gb the retail price won't increase by large margin from the 7. Looks like the fps is on the front, although nobody can be certain but I trust apple will put it on the front.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
How many times must we state this: case makers don't know. They speculate and hedge their bets, but they don't know.

This doesn't guarantee anything.

jc0187

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2017
I would prefer the touch ID to be on the back...
Have you ever had a fps on the back of a phone? I have. The LGv10. It was terrible. I can't speak for others, but to me, having the fps on the back was a bad design and made life difficult for every day phone usage. No more seamless unlocking while phone is sitting on the table.

andyw715

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2013
I think he is implying Apple may put Touch ID in the back Apple logo if they can not embed in the screen
It wasn't really an implication. More of debunking the OP that the case ensures a front Touch ID (which I think will be the case anyway).

To me a "guarantee to fit" case for iPhone 8 would be something like the current iPhone leather cases style - no holes except camera cutout.

Reactions: jhearty99

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
what i really want to know is, how will we find touch id sensor, when its dark.
if its embedded in the display we will need some sort of indentation to find it, however how will that look if they're going for a smooth nothing on the screen as such finish, for example when playing video clips will we see a small circle over the touch id sensor.?
The could include a small flashlight with each iPhone 8! :rolleyes:

Reactions: ianrip

Katana12128

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2017
Have you ever had a fps on the back of a phone? I have. The LGv10. It was terrible. I can't speak for others, but to me, having the fps on the back was a bad design and made life difficult for every day phone usage. No more seamless unlocking while phone is sitting on the table.
I have a galaxy s8 as a second phone and I got used to it, doesn't bother me that much anymore.

Ilikechainrestaurants

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2017
The 6P has it and I much prefer it to my iPhone 7 in that regard. I'm anticipating the 8 will become my daily driver, and having to reorient to a front fps (which I now think is pretty inferior to be honest) is something I'm not looking forward to.