New Case-Mate Barely There 2

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by awtryau89, Nov 22, 2010.

1. awtryau89 macrumors regular

I just picked this case up today from Case-Mate's offices. I saw it earlier on one of their employees phones and knew I had to have it. It is a bit more expensive but it really is worth it IMO. I think it is a great "executive" style case. A couple of things to point out.

1. It is sturdier than the regular Barely There. It is still a snap on but the molded plastic is a good bit heavier.

2. It does not have the cutout in the back many people dislike.

3. The inside is a softer textured plastic. It has a leather pattern to it and should be easy on the bare back glass.

4. The inserts on the back are real. Real carbon fiber or leather.

5. The rest of the case is the same coating as on the Barely There Chrome with a bit of a darker tint. It does show finger prints but the areas are so small its not a real issue.

6. No Case-Mate logo anywhere on the outside.

7. Have not tested the flash but they said it was not an issue for them.

Here are a few pics I took of the case. I have not put it on the phone yet as I just got my Clear Coat shield replaced and need to give it 24 hours to cure so it won't peel off.

Attached Files:

2. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Looks good, have any photos of it on the phone?

3. awtryau89 thread starter macrumors regular

Here are a few more photos of the case on the phone. It fits great and has a tiny bit of lay on the table design. I have a Clear Coat shield on the back and that makes it a bit tighter fit than normal. I also noticed that the case on the website is different than the final production version since it has a fully enclosed opening around the volume buttons.

Attached Files:

4. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

Mine just shipped. I used Case-Mate's 30% off coupon code to get the Carbon Fiber back. Right now I am sporting a SGP Neo Hybrid EX with a Carbon Fiber back skin.

5. dayumitzmark macrumors regular

30% off code?!

6. missygal Guest

missygal

Thanks for the pics. I ordered the black leather one and should be here any day. I really like Case Mate cases!!

7. missygal Guest

missygal

It came to me in an email. But check their site.

8. pc2134 macrumors newbie

Thanks for the pics. I really like Case Mate cases!!

9. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

I have this case as well, its a nice case, definitely one of my favorite snap on cases.

10. arcturuz macrumors member

how scratch resistant is the chrome?
    it's gonna get real ugly when scratches are visible

11. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

There's not much surface area to make it a big deal if for some reason it does get scratched. That being said, I know plenty of people with the Chrome version of the case that have not complained about it scratching.

12. missygal Guest

missygal

Ya I was thinking the same thing? Are they all Crome?

13. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Looks good on the back but I'm still not a fan on the open bottom.

14. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but does anyone have an opinion of this case after a few months of use?

15. naths macrumors 6502

I think you will find that this the real carbon fibre back version,a different case altogether,the ordinary series 2 cases with the leather,carbon look back do not have the full surround around the volume buttons,i bought the black leather series 2,and im sorry to say that the fit on the one i had was not good,creaking terrible,case-mate have straight away replaced it and im awaiting delivery.
    I think that this barely there does look a bit better with the full surround around the volume controls as the ordinary barely there has and hopefully fits better.