New Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Cybergypsy, Feb 21, 2008.

1. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

2. elenex50 macrumors member

where?

Where could i go and pick up a white incase slider case for my iphone?

3. Cybergypsy thread starter macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

Mine shipped yesterday, shipping was high, 11 bucks but they are hard to get....

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

they have been at some apple stores, but for the most part online.

5. Mac In School macrumors 65816

Got mine at the Apple store. They only had one, and I snagged it right up.

6. atavision macrumors member

I'm not familiar with Incase stuff and I can't
    really tell from the pics, does this case have
    a screen cover? It is a hard shell plastic, right?

I use iSkin Revo on my phone and it works
    great for me. I've dropped the phone a few
    times now and it's none the worse for it.

7. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

1. No screen protector
    2. Made of similar material to the Mighty Mouse
    3. I love mine and just went to the (Willow Bend, TX) Apple Store and picked it up

8. B.A. macrumors regular

Just picked up a black incase Slider. Feels really sturdy, adds only a very bit of width to the iPhone. I like the sleek look of it- only added design is the incase logo on the back. And for those who care about it- the black is kind of a fingerprint magnet (but so is the iPhone in general). Get the white if that will bother you.

9. thatdude90210 macrumors member

I just got the White Incase slider today at the Apple store. I'm coming from the Seidio rubberized black case. Here are some comparisons with the Seidio:

The outside dimensions are almost exactly the same. The Slider is just a hair thinner when lying on a table. That's because the part of the Seidio that covers a little bit of the glass is a little thicker than the part of the Slider that covers the Chrome.

The Seidio is great to grip, but more difficult to go in and out of my front pocket. The Slider is slippery, but goes in and out of pocket easily.

One thing I didn't like about the Seidio was the creaking sound it makes where the two half joins when you press it. The Slider is rock solid. As for the look, I have to give it to the Slider. While my Black Seidio rubberized looked good, the White Slider is dead sexy.

10. pugple macrumors member

Bah, some people have been saying it's not a fingerprint magnet. Others have been saying it is. I'm so confused. :(

11. B.A. macrumors regular

Lets put it this way- its not as bad as a naked iPhone screen. I would classify myself as having "greasy" hands, so maybe that helps you out a bit. I wouldn't let it deter you from getting it, its a rock solid case.

12. pugple macrumors member

Yeah, sometimes I have pretty greasy hands. I just put an anti-glare film on my screen which makes it pretty much fingerprint proof.

13. B.A. macrumors regular

I did the same when I got the case today. So I essentially moved the fingerprints from the screen to the case.

14. pugple macrumors member

Haha, yeah. I just got home with mine. It can be pretty fingerprintish. Oh well, i'll live. :p Very nice case though.

15. thatdude90210 macrumors member

It's just so pretty. :)

The slider really gives it an ipod look. Maybe we'll see some Nano-ish color Sliders from Incase in the future. If they do that, and maybe drop the price to about $30, it could be the best selling case.

16. Cybergypsy thread starter macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

yea 11 bucks shipping is hard to live with........

17. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I am really looking forward to getting the incase slider.

I thought I'll get black. I love the white Apple products, but I think I've gotten so used to black with the phone I"ll just stay boring.

Question though - do you guys think it's not too likely for this case to scratch?

18. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

i'm really liking mine in black so far. it's gotten scratched a little in the week or so that i've had it, but not too badly. i've got pics of it in my review - the scratches aren't that obvious...

19. pugple macrumors member

I've 2-3 scratches on the back of mine and I've had it for less than 24 hours. Not really sure where the scratches came from as I haven't been rough with it.

20. heyp macrumors 6502

does anybody know if the power support film will fit with this case on?

21. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Thanks. I don't know why any of us who want to use a case have to be subjected to scratching as a result.

I went to cancel mine, but it's already shipping from Apple online.

22. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

i only have the power support anti-glare screen film on my iphone, not the full-body film. the case fits very snugly - i don't think it will work with a full-body film at all...

23. Zandian macrumors regular

I've had the InCase Protective Cover, ISkin Revo, Agent18 EcoShield, Seidio Rubberized Case, Seidio Innocase for Iphone, InCase Slider Case. Here are my conclusions:

1) InCase Protective Cover:
    a) bad fit--loosens up over time, and doesn't completely seal around chrome allowing for stuff to get underneath and potentially scratch chrome.
    b) great grip because its rubber type material
    c) rather thick material

2) ISkin Revo:
    a) great colors
    b) pretty good fit
    c) great grip
    d) little too thick for my taste and I don't have any use for the clear protective cover.

3) Agent 18 EcoShield:
    a) great fit because it is tight and not flexible
    b) one of the thinnest, slightly larger than the InCase slider case.
    c) pretty slippery, not alot to grip onto
    d) nice matte finish

4) Seidio Rubberized Case:
    a) very good grip
    b) quite thin, and covers the mouthpiece and earpiece at ends which reduces face-prints from usage, and allows more grip when watching videos or surfing.
    c) pretty good fit, but does show slight chrome. I really loved this case and had it on for months without taking it off. To my horror when I did, all the chrome was scratched to hell. I tried to buff them out, but they do not seem to be dirt, but real scratches. Very disappointing because I loved the case otherwise.

5) Seidio Innocase:
    a) very good grip. I love the material used. Makes very easy to grip, but not too much that it sticks in your pocket.
    b) Really cool colors--blue/black is a great look.
    c) I would have considered keeping this one, but it shows chrome all around the phone. Problem is that the previous Seidio case scratched my chrome all to hell, so it looked like crap, so I couldn't use it. I needed a case that covered up the chrome.

6) InCase slider case:
    a) the reflective black really highlights the phone.
    b) fit is very good because it is a hard plastic that completely covers all chrome. Yet, tapered enough so there is no thick ridge around the edge of the phone.
    c) grip is not so great. Pretty slippery, but with a little moisture in your hand it actually becomes pretty acceptable and much better than the phone by itself. In a cold dry climate it is pretty slippery, but still better than a nake iphone, mainly because it has edges that you can hold on to.
    d) Definitely thinner than the Agent18. Hardly adds any bulk at all.

So, in conclusion, after many trials, I think for now I will continue to use the InCase Slider Case. It covers the nasty chrome scratches, has a tight fit, very thin, edges don't interfere with usage, so-so grip, does a good job with accentuating the phone, should be quite durable.

Hope this helps in your decision-making.

Zandian

24. ms2kj macrumors newbie

revoClip

Does anyone know if the InCase Slider will fit into the revoClip holster? (or know an alternative)

Thanks