New Cases?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by JamiLynee, Mar 6, 2018.

1. JamiLynee macrumors 6502

JamiLynee

I was at the Apple store this weekend and it appears they are phasing out that spicy orange case. The store I was at was sold out with no stock incoming. The sales guy informed me that all the other local stores are also out and wouldn't be receiving more of that color.

It's March. Isn't this when Apple rolls new colors? Or am I being too hopeful?

2. Coffee50 macrumors 6502a

I think we'll see some new colors. If not March, then probably April.

They usually release new colors (and new apple watch bands). I'm thinking we'll se some pastel based spring colors. Most of the current colors are bold....so I'm guessing they'll be some lighter colors.

3. JamiLynee thread starter macrumors 6502

JamiLynee

I hope so. Is anyone hearing anything about potential colors on the horizon?

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Late March is usually when we see new colors for bands and cases. I think it will happen around March 22.

5. JamiLynee thread starter macrumors 6502

JamiLynee

Just curious, why that date?

6. DanUC6 macrumors 6502a

DanUC6

Still waiting for the green leather.

7. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

For whatever reason, Apple has either released bands on that date, or within a few days. I hope it is sooner than later. :)

8. chriscrowlee macrumors 65816

chriscrowlee

I haven't seen much talk about the replacements for the folio cases hitting the stores. The original design for iPhone X had that flaw that covered the noise cancelling mic, making them unusable to have on when talking on the phone. Store had said they were addressing the issue, but I haven't seen anything since about 6 months ago.

9. JamiLynee thread starter macrumors 6502

JamiLynee

I'm hoping for a lighter (but not pastel) purple silicone. I can't get excited about the purple this year

10. SteveJobbinIt macrumors member

SteveJobbinIt

would love a silver/gray case... come on apple. the ultimate would be a two tone silicone case with the bottom black, top silver...OG iPhone style.

11. JamiLynee thread starter macrumors 6502

JamiLynee

Blending of silicone is hard to get that straight line edge. You'd get one of those "ombre" looks

12. Coffee50 macrumors 6502a

Isn’t there a March keynote? I’m thinking maybe they’ll be available right after that.