new cellular iPads no longer have this plastic for antenna?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by garyleecn, Sep 13, 2015.

1. garyleecn macrumors 6502a

usually under the tech-spec from apple.com, the wifi version and cellular version iPad have two sets of different pictures, with the plastic antenna window on the cellular version

but just took a look at the tech spec on both iPad pro and iPad mini 4, both have only 1 set of pictures.
    at first i thought it was because neither of those are 'released' yet (admit it, iPad mini 4 is not released until iOS 9 is), so apple just put two versions together. but then, i found that, the weight for two versions are still different, plus under 'power' section, the battery life is also different for the two versions.

so, does this mean that we no longer have the ugly antenna cut-out on cellular version? any thought?

Attached Files:

2. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

Somebody got lazy? Interesting observation. I'm getting mine on the 17th - its an iPad Mini with LTE. I'll know then and will post what I receive of not solved yet.

3. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

Here is a shot from the iPad Mini 4 tech spespcs on the Apple website. It looks like its still going to be there. image.jpg

4. garyleecn thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeah you are right, just wondering why they removed the pictures from tech-spec page
    btw, just checked, looks like your pic is from mini 4 'front page', not tech spec page..