New certified macbook pro 13 retina making noises

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Samadd, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Samadd macrumors member

Hi, long story short received my macbook pro 2 weeks ago and have been using it. Ever since i unboxed i hear squeeky noises, like something is not packed properly in its place. The computer works just fine but this noise in picking the computer and in moving is annoying. Will this noise stop or should i get my computer changed through apple?

no fan noise or hardware noise... just squeeky noise.

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

You're unhappy about your purchase and have a warranty. I don't think you need a stranger on the internet to tell you you are entitled to use said warranty.

3. Samadd thread starter macrumors member

Thank you. My entire notion was that Apple would not feel it is worth the replacement and thus it would save me a 5 hour round trip. Like i said there is no hardware noise and because of it apple would hesitate.

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

They won't replace the computer, but they may try to repair it.

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

Surely you have an AASP closer than that? Apple also allows you to ship your computer to the depot for repair. Have you looked into this?

6. aristobrat macrumors G4

I just had a logic board replaced in my rMBP. Didn't have to take it anywhere - they shipped me a box to ship the laptop to them in. All next-day priority shipping, no cost to me.

I'd imagine that if the sound is reasonably reproducible, they would probably fix it.

7. tomaseriksson macrumors member

tomaseriksson

8. poematik13 macrumors 6502a

Every new or refurb mac sold through the apple store has a 1 year warranty. Take it to an apple store (or have them mail you a shipping package) and get it taken care of FOR FREE.

9. Samadd thread starter macrumors member

No thats a rattling sound. nothing like that but small sounds annoying sounds. you should definitely get yours replaced mine is no where close to this level.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 16, 2016 ---
    Yes thats the plan but the apple store is quite far from me and this is my only computer at the moment, and i wont be able to function without it for a long period as much of my work is done from a computer. My entire scenario was if apple would replace it or not. will it be worth the hassle, i dont want to make this trip for no use.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 16, 2016 ---
    Also battery life does not seem to be as stated. for moderate use gets me like 5-6 hours should be a lot more and nothing compared to the advertised time