New cinema display vs. random display?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Mr Nice Guy, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Mr Nice Guy macrumors member

Mr Nice Guy

Okay, so I would like to buy a screen for my Macbook Pro at least 24". But I was wondering if there's a difference between the new Cinema Displays and some screen from a store in the mall. I think the new displays are quite expensive and I am looking for the cheapest one.

I do know that the new screen have built-in speakers, iSight camera etc.

Any advice?

Thanks,
    Ben

2. cuestakid macrumors 68000

what is your price range? What type of connectivity do you want? What do you want to do with it? How important is height adjustments to you?

All these things are related to how much each monitor costs

3. minik macrumors 65816

In general, I really dig Apple displays. I used to hook up the DELL UltraSharp 2407WFP to my 24-inch Alu iMac. After 3 months, I sold my DELL display since it seems inferior to the iMac built-in display.

4. Emulsion macrumors 6502

I love the new ACD I really do but damn, the sure do want a lot for them. I really can't justify spending that much on a monitor. I personally have a 24inch HP monitor.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/...s8G2lTJYfHyvpCX4nB0NzzvTcvyfVyVSVY!1303400950

It looks real nice, and is extremely similar to the new displays but you get so much more. You can pretty much do anything with this monitor. Plus its $400 less.