New Cinema Displays?? Can it be, or am I just seeing things!!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by applemumba, May 15, 2008.

1. applemumba macrumors member

I wondered for a moment when I saw this if Apple was using some type of product placements on TV series, noticed a few times on new BONES TV series in the UK that there are quite a few apple products.

I then took a closer look at the Displays or are they iMac's but then thought for a second and said am sure none of them have the black all the way over the top as you can see in the attached pictures. Yip, took a look on the apple site and neither the Cinema Displays or the current iMac's have the black back going all the way over the top of the Screen/iMac.

So could this be a new Cinema Display that has not yet come out or even an iMac. If I was to say, I think it would be Cinema Displays as they have not been updated in a while and also the iMac's have just recently seen a rev and do not have the black back going all the way over the top of the screen.

Attached Files:

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

They look like regular displays in poor lighting with the silver back just in heavy shadow.

3. applemumba thread starter macrumors member

They sure are black, No Grey in dark shadow. Need to try and get the recording onto the mac.

See current iMac and Cinema Displays

Attached Files:

4. jSunbeam macrumors regular

Do you really think it's likely that Apple (or any company, for that matter) would 'unveil' a new product in a dark room on a tv series?

Really...

Not likely.

5. applemumba thread starter macrumors member

No Not really.... Just pointing out something that I saw and have not see it anywhere else!

I know that its not Apple like to not have a big announcement, just thought I would share it.

6. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

7. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

To me that also looks like a current Cinema Display in poor lighting. Those are not black on the back, they are aluminum.

8. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Also, could be just a PROP. I wouldn't read into this, poor lighting does not seem sufficient enough to turn the back completely BLACK, not in the lighting in the pictures.

I still believe it's either an iMac or a PROP.

9. applemumba thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I think I have to agree with the props, think it is the cinema displays but slightly modified with the black addition. Its not the lighting! You can see clearly it is black.

Props I would agree with.

10. Bubba Satori Suspended

Bubba Satori

Wow, people are really desperate for ACD updates, including yours truly. Maybe in a couple of years when the headless mac comes out. :D

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Well first, I don't think Apple would unveil a product on a TV show in low-light. BUT the display does look thinner. However, the whole image appears distorted so that could be it.

12. skyline r34 macrumors 6502

skyline r34

13. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails