Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ozfried2693

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
hey everybody!
does anyone have any rumors regarding new cinema displays being released by apple during macworld san fransisco??
this is what i would really like to see
24, 27, and 33 inch LED displays extremely thin with a black back built in iSight and the black apple symbol resembling the new imacs. for the same price as the current line:D that would be great

Retired
May 16, 2006
Its very possible...these ones are a bit long in the tooth...there has been speculation on Apple including iSight cameras in the ACDs...

jnc

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2007
Nunya, Business TX
Uhh... built in iSight? That'd be wasteful in Dual Display. Don't see that happening. Like the 27" idea though.

I just want some more inputs in there... damn. The ACDs are outclassed by every other monitor in existence in that regard.

With Component and HDMI, ACDs could be compatible with :apple:tv, too...

jelloyacket

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Uhh... built in iSight? That'd be wasteful in Dual Display. Don't see that happening.

...except you can't get an iSight for your Mac Pro right now. You could always buy a third-party webcam, I suppose. Apple might want a piece of that action, though.

Maybe with dual webcams you could do stereo 3D videochats.

Kwill

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2003
...except you can't get an iSight for your Mac Pro right now. You could always buy a third-party webcam, I suppose. Apple might want a piece of that action, though.

Maybe with dual webcams you could do stereo 3D videochats.

Of course the Apple way is to use the mic from two iSight displays in stereo AND include face recognition during iChats that enables the camera to locate the user's retina.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.