New Cinema Displays???

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by RUFiO795, Aug 9, 2007.

1. RUFiO795 macrumors member

Howdy-

I'm looking to get an Apple Cinema Display to complement my Macbook Pro, but I'm a little wary about buying one for fear that the Cinema Displays will be updated as soon as I do.

Does anyone know anything about upcoming modifications or upgrades to the Cinema Displays? It seems like it's been a long time since the current iteration was released. Are they still current enough to warrant buying one now anyway? Thanks.

2. Monkaaay macrumors 6502

Monkaaay

3. ventro macrumors 6502a

What could they possibly modify? Could they add a iSight? Do you really need one? Besides, with a 30", it would point above your head. Could they make it brighter? Most people use it on <50% brightness anyway. Higher resolution? The highest possible resolution supported by any mac is 2560x1600. The industrial design is perfect... I guess they could make it thinner but it wouldn't change the product a bit.

4. The Stig macrumors 6502a

The Stig

SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH if Steve hears you talking about updating the screens he might get the bright idea of making them all glossy, and not giving us the choice for matte. So keep the talk on the down low...

The Stig

5. giganten macrumors 6502a

Yeah same here. But as Ventro did say, what would they change?

6. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

funny, that was one of the stupider things apple has ever done.

7. hollywoodmacguy macrumors regular

i am in the same boat as the OP. have this sneaking suspicion/fear that when leopard comes out, i'll get a new mbp and a display and, very soon thereafter, the displays will be completely revamped...

i'm thinking they will definitely be updated/redesigned to include iSight, HDMI (maybe), and will be LED backlit, but this seems longer term.

does anybody have any ideas why there are so many rumors about macs, ipods, iphones (especially iphones), etc, but never anything on the displays?

8. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

My sneaking suspicion is that they will be updated to have a HDCP DVI port, iSight Camera, and a base resolution of 1080p.