New Cinema Displays

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by macsmith, Aug 10, 2007.

1. macsmith macrumors newbie

Based on the new iMacs I think this could posibly be the new design for the Cinema Displays. They more than likely won't be glossy though.

MACSMITH

Attached Files:

2. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

The cinema display is not marketed towards iMac owners. It needs to remain brushed aluminum to match the MacPro and Mac Mini.

I can only imagine that they will bump the resolution, add an iSight camera, and provide a HDCP-DVi input on it.

3. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

I doubt a resolution bump is possible. Super high res displays are quite pricey (read: more than 30" res). 23" panels are dying out, so movement to a 24" IPS would be the logical step.

A movement to better spec panels like H-IPS or AS-IPS would be a good move as well. Along with HDCP, maybe HDMI, and hopefully more inputs (I wouldn't hold my breath on that one).

iSight... maybe. I think that poses some difficulties with companies and cameras. It wouldn't be a very good move IMO.

4. hollywoodmacguy macrumors regular

If they simply did what you're suggesting and added iSight and HDCP input that would be a big step forward considering that essentially nothing has changed with this product line since its introduction in mid-2004. Minor spec increases and a prices cuts aside.

HDMI would be useful too. And, based on Steve's greener apple comments in May, we'd have to assume that LED backlit models are on the horizon somewhere. Given that there don't seem to be LED screens of ACD size, however, I'm guessing those won't appear until later next year.

What are the chances that refreshed/redesigned ACDs could be unveiled in October to showcase Leopard?

5. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

That iMac mock-up of a monitor looks quite nice. Not sure it'd be an ACD, but it'd otherwise be a nice monitor.

I can imagine thinner, lighter ACD's based largely around the current design.

6. macsmith thread starter macrumors newbie

Another View

Here is another view with the Aluminum and black theme.

Attached Files:

7. hollywoodmacguy macrumors regular

Nice. Are you including iSight up there in the black at the top?

8. giganten macrumors 6502a

9. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

[​IMG]

HP sells LCDs that look pretty similar to your proposed ACD redesign.