New Cinema Displays???

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sailorfoley, Sep 7, 2007.

1. sailorfoley macrumors newbie

Hey,

with everything in the apple line getting an update recently (macbooks, macbook pros, imacs, ipods, etc) i was wondering if anyone has heard any rumors of them updating their cinema displays? I am interested in buying one but i don't want to buy one now only for it to be redundant in a few months time.

Is there anything on the grapevine? Or did they perhaps already upgrade them and didn't have a big event about it?

2. RUFiO795 macrumors member

There is a new post about this topic asking the exact same question at least once a week, so don't be surprised if you don't get much response, SailorFoley...

Check previous threads for all the cinema display-related gossip that you could possibly hope for.

To answer your question in short, the ACDs have not been updated in quite some time (years), and there are no announced plans to do so. There is much speculation that updates may be announced with the upcoming October release of Leopard, or in a press release in early 2008.

Hope that helps.

3. vendettabass macrumors 6502a

vendettabass

current price points +
    iSight
    H-IPS NEC panel like the iMac (but not glossy)
    thinner & smaller power brick

dont think we'll see LED until next year really.

4. bld44 macrumors 6502

With all the LED problems on the MBPs, I think you don't need to worry about it getting updated soon (Knock on wood)

5. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

I think the only upgrade we'll see with that is the isight built in. Then LED, or both if they get the problem with the LEDs worked out first.

6. itsallinurhead macrumors 6502

itsallinurhead

Like it has been said over and over ACDs are really not marketed to people who would care whether or not they had an iSight.

7. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

That could be interesting for Mac users hooking their MacBooks up to an ACD as a secondary dsiplay - stereo iSights! :D

8. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

That could actually be useful. If you have 3 people who want to chat but only 1 computer one end they could use both iSights.