New Classic-Problems already?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by laxmax613, May 5, 2008.

1. laxmax613 macrumors member

so, after my fiasco with my 5G i got a new ipod. A classic. I sync it and just when i think all is fine and dandy, the same problem from my 5G occurs, not all my music syncs and there is a notification on my screen that reads: "Attemting to copy to the disk "iPod Name" failed. The disk cannot be read or written to." If this happened twice is it a computer problem or an iPod problem? is it fixable and what is the problem anyway?

2. laxmax613 thread starter macrumors member

3. RamenBooko macrumors member

Well, you pretty much answered your own question. Sounds to be a computer problem, or more specifically an iTunes problem.

I would say you should uninstall iTunes, and I mean completely uninstall. All associated files (.dll, .plist - depending on OS) should be removed, so you can start fresh and then re-install. Oh and obviously, don't delete your music off your computer.

If you're using a Mac, you could try AppZapper or something, or a Google search on how to completely start fresh with iTunes.

Anyone agree with my solution?

4. laxmax613 thread starter macrumors member

i went to the store yesterday, and after trying most of the usual soltions, we deleted the song it always got stuck on (the trooper-iron maiden) and synced and bought a new one from iTunes.