New Coffeelake On August 21st-MBP Bound?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gadgetfreaky, Aug 9, 2017.

1. gadgetfreaky macrumors 6502a

2. HerbertDerb, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017

HerbertDerb macrumors regular

HerbertDerb

Yeah, keep on dreaming buddy.....

The **** Apple took on the 2016-2017 upgrade being only 6 months appart...

at most earliest is early 2018. (And Intel delivers custom chips for Apple, which usually comes later than the original ones)

And Kaby Lake chips came January 2017 to market. Apple used them in MBPs in June 2017. That's 6 months apart. (And for Apple this was a fast refresh)

3. KGB7 macrumors 6502a

KGB7

4. NathanD macrumors member

I guess only CPUs with GT2 graphics will be available soon. We'll probably have to wait for CPUs with GT3e (Iris graphics) that Apple uses

5. gadgetfreaky thread starter macrumors 6502a

Usually Intel puts out the lower power chips with GT2 first. In this case since Cannon lake is moved up to December of htis year for the super low power dies (higher yields), they may be doing high end at launch to space out the releases.

6. Moriarty macrumors 6502

People complain when Apple update to the latest components in good time, but also complain when Apple let the internals stagnate.

:rolleyes:

7. jerryk macrumors 68040

I think Fall 2018 is more likely. That lines up with Intel's time frame for the higher power CoffeeLake chips used in MBPs.

8. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Hopefully Ming will be right, as personally i'm far from impressed with the current MBP...

Q-6

9. The Mercurian macrumors 65816

Agreed...though I fear the price increase extra cores will bring :(

10. Ries macrumors 68000

Intel delivered a custom Chipset/CPU chip once for a Macbook Pro. It's been standard chips since and before that.

11. Queen6, Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017

Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

I'll just be happy if Apple for once puts it's professionals first, not the Starbucks crowd :mad: I can easily make the money back, equally the notebook needs to be fit for purpose, working for me advancing my workflows not working against me or an anorexic lifestyle product to please the kool kids...

I and others want ports that are relevant today, we want the battery capacity back to the maximum, we want keyboards designed for extensive use with sensible travel that are reliable, we want the faster SSD's, we want the P3 display's, we want TB-3 over USB C, we want the Touch Bar to be optional.

What we don't want is the current garbage, however well appointed...

Q-6