iPod New Coldplay record

chicagdan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2002
Chicago, IL
Screw Coldplay, Get Behind The White Stripes

The truly great album released yesterday was "Get Behind Me Satan" by The White Stripes. Jack White gives us some blues, some R&B, some country and enough kick ass rock to scare Chris Martin out of North America. Don't be a wuss, put down the Coldplay and listen to some real music.

Sweetfeld28

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2003
Buckeye Country, O-H
chicagdan said:
The truly great album released yesterday was "Get Behind Me Satan" by The White Stripes. Jack White gives us some blues, some R&B, some country and enough kick ass rock to scare Chris Martin out of North America. Don't be a wuss, put down the Coldplay and listen to some real music.

hmmm. sounds like you are describing Kid Rock.

chicagdan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2002
Chicago, IL
Sweetfeld28 said:
hmmm. sounds like you are describing Kid Rock.
Superficially, perhaps. But that's like saying The Rolling Stones and The Bay City Rollers are both rock bands, so they must be alike.

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
I dunno I hear some cold play stuff and I'm like "man, this kinda sorta kicks ***" but other songs just put me to sleep. I kinda run hot and cold with them. Same with U2.

Dr. Dastardly

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2004
I live in a giant bucket!
chicagdan said:
I love both bands and got both CDs the day they came out and I must agree that "Get Behind Me Satan" is the better album IMO. I swear Jack White must have made a pact with Satan to come out with all these incredible albums! White Blood Cells, Elephant and now this! Awsome! :cool:

jemeinc

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2004
South Jersey
dornoforpyros said:
I dunno I hear some cold play stuff and I'm like "man, this kinda sorta kicks ***" but other songs just put me to sleep. I kinda run hot and cold with them. Same with U2.

Man, you nailed that as far as I'm concerned... Add the Dave Matthews Band to that mix for me as well...

unfaded

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2002
Seattle, WA
Yaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwn.

Musically so similar between albums and songs it hurts. I was really hoping to see a big divergence for them this time. At most, it's music I can put on in the background. Aka music built to be ignored.